This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Computer keeps having abnormal shutdowns...Origin to blame?

#1SlimeSwayzePosted 9/6/2013 8:48:35 AM
I haven't been gaming on a PC for very long and am not very good at troubleshooting. Anyway, I recently installed origin in order to play the copy of Dead Space 3 I bought for a dollar. 4-5 times while playing that game, my computer would make a weird sound, go to a blue screen with a bunch of text, and then shut off. When I restarted, I was told my computer had an abnormal shutdown.

Well I finished Dead Space 3, and last night I started playing Outlast. After playing for about 40 minutes, my computer had the same abnormal shutdown I experienced during Dead Space 3.

My computer never did this before I installed Origin. I uninstalled it last night but haven't played any games since doing so. Is there a good chance that will have solved the problem, or is it likely something else?
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#2steveboblarryPosted 9/6/2013 8:53:55 AM
It could be, Maybe its not playing nice with some other programs you have installed
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#3DerPancakePosted 9/6/2013 8:55:37 AM
Yeah blame it on Origin, if anything there is more chance Steam would be the cause of this.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#4steveboblarryPosted 9/6/2013 8:56:09 AM
Got dang it pancake
---
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
#5SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 8:56:42 AM
I had been able to play for hours at a time before installing Origin, and that was the only change I'd made to computer in months. The only other issue I thought it could be was overheating, since it was pretty hot some of the times this happened while playing Dead Space 3. But sometimes it wasn't, and last night it was pretty cool in the room, so I don't think that was it. I guess I'll know more if it happens again even after uninstalling Origin.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#6MasterDonGeroPosted 9/6/2013 9:17:40 AM
"Oh, my room is pretty cold, there's no way my components could be overheating!"
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#7codyorrPosted 9/6/2013 5:31:38 PM
It's probably since Origin is evil and hates living things or possibly because of something to do with your processor. I'd blame Origin though.
#8SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 5:35:53 PM
codyorr posted...
It's probably since Origin is evil and hates living things or possibly because of something to do with your processor. I'd blame Origin though.

Do you think it's the processor? I'm totally open to suggestions. The only reason I looked to Origin as a potential cause is that it was the only new application I've installed on my computer in the last few months and it started happening right after I installed it. Generally, when something goes wrong with my electronics immediately after I've changed something, I can't help but wonder if that was the cause. But again, any other troubleshooting advice is welcome, even if you want to be snide. If my topic helps you compensate, plus you can help me with my issue, then it is a win/win!
---
Currently Playing: Outlast, Resistance 3, and Vampire: The Masquerade
#9OrgeLambartPosted 9/6/2013 5:57:58 PM
people on PC board, guy with lack of PC experience... lets trash him and then wonder why people choose consoles over computer gaming...

logical conclusions.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#10cuteboi100Posted 9/6/2013 6:02:31 PM
It would be helpful to know what text was on the bluescreen, see if you can take a picture when it happens next time. If not, just copy down what you can.
---
Xbox Live GT:ScaryPillow , iHaruyuki TERA:
LoL : ScaryPillow Maplestory: MLGLordly 16x I/L Arch Mage