This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield Vs. Oculus Rift

#21Flaktrooper123Posted 9/7/2013 2:12:25 AM
The problem is that it is like comparing a sports car to an 18 wheel truck. Both are good in their own distinct way and thus not exactly comparable.
#22Binba442(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 6:22:46 AM
Has anyone who has used the rift for an extended period of time (1 hour+) had any issues with it?
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#23Lemur_HPosted 9/7/2013 7:57:53 AM
ein311 posted...
neckbeards complaining how ridiculous they look while wearing a rift?

maybe take the anime posters down and stop memorizing kpop lyrics first and then you'll have a valid opinion

Ouch.

+1

All those anime posters and pony toys creep me the f*** out.
#24OUberLordPosted 9/7/2013 8:16:11 AM
Binba442 posted...
Has anyone who has used the rift for an extended period of time (1 hour+) had any issues with it?

It depends entirely on your tolerance of motion sickness. However, it would seem that if you are sensitive you don't feel ill during use but in the transition back to reality after. I wore it for ~15 minutes and had no issue (far less than an hour but its all I have), and don't suffer from any motion sickness.

My wife meanwhile has to turn away if I'm even playing Mirrors Edge and herself can only play a shooter for a couple hours before having to stop. She was fine wearing the rift for that same 15 minutes, but afterward when she took it off she immediately became ill for about a half hour until it passed.

My thought is that you can kind of guess your tolerance based on what games you play and how quickly you get sick playing them. If you don't at all, you'll probably be fine with the Rift. Either way I'd advocate ramping up to it, first use the Rift for a half hour and see how you feel, then work your way up.
#25R i c kPosted 9/7/2013 8:40:33 AM
OUberLord posted...
My thought is that you can kind of guess your tolerance based on what games you play and how quickly you get sick playing them. If you don't at all, you'll probably be fine with the Rift. Either way I'd advocate ramping up to it, first use the Rift for a half hour and see how you feel, then work your way up.
I plan on flinging myself through portals for about 2 hours when I first get it... If my place ends up covered in puke, so be it. I'll call out of work if I have to.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#26GoldninjaPosted 9/7/2013 12:07:06 PM
The Virtual Boy was a huge success, right gaiz!?
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#27brawlfanPosted 9/7/2013 12:10:00 PM
Type this in youtube.

Oculus Rift very official spot TV
---
I dearly hope that there's a special place in hell waiting for you, Arthas.
We may never know, Uther. I intend to live forever.