This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Believing GTA5 will come to PC is like believing that there will be HL3

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Believing GTA5 will come to PC is like believing that there will be HL3
3 years ago#11
Ch3wy posted...
Boge posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Pretty much. Everyone knows both of them are going to be released Spring 2014.

Way off. GTA 5 won't come until probably at least August. Half Life 3 won't come out for at least a year after it's announced.

What on earth makes you think that it will take them 11 months to release GTA V on PC?

Because Rockstar will delay it in hopes that PC gamers will buy the console version and then the PC version when it's released. And the fact is, a lot of PC gamers do this.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
3 years ago#12
If the PC version was released simultaneously with the console versions, I might actually consider getting it full price. Since it'll be months, I'll probably wait until the price drops to $5 for some sale down the line.
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
3 years ago#13
So what you are saying is that it is likely, but it will probably take a while and you can never be sure.

/hopeful

http://musformation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-christmas-meme-600x324.jpg
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
3 years ago#14
Why wouldn't there be a 3rd Half-Life? It took an ungodly amount of time to make HL2. Things take time and gamers are impatient.
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
3 years ago#15
DerPancake posted...
I hope EA snatches GTA from Valve, and it becomes a Origin exclusive.

Pancake you never cease to amaze me
Chief Keef makes music for people who spin around in circles to get dizzy
3 years ago#16
runrom posted...
topic.

You mean Inevitable?
3 years ago#17
Boge posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Pretty much. Everyone knows both of them are going to be released Spring 2014.

Way off. GTA 5 won't come until probably at least August. Half Life 3 won't come out for at least a year after it's announced.

i should clarify that is a year in valve time not normal time
3 years ago#18
Boge posted...
anthrax360x posted...
DerPancake posted...
I hope EA snatches GTA from Valve, and it becomes a Uplay exclusive.

fixed.

What? EA is Origin. Uplay is Ubisoft.

WOOOSH
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
3 years ago#19
Because Rockstar will delay it in hopes that PC gamers will buy the console version and then the PC version when it's released. And the fact is, a lot of PC gamers do this.

The fact is many will pirate the game out of spite for the delay as well.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
3 years ago#20
MUD VIPER posted...

The fact is many will pirate the game out of spite for the delay as well.

Uh huh..sure..
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Believing GTA5 will come to PC is like believing that there will be HL3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived