This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Japan has been opening its doors to PC gaming more and more.

#11GrabacrLeaderPosted 9/6/2013 12:54:27 PM
Don't care about SE anymore, but Falcom games will be a welcome addition to my PC library.
I'd like someone like Yasumi Matsuno to launch a PC RPG kickstarter.
#12blade6321Posted 9/6/2013 12:57:24 PM(edited)
Mogu_Mogu posted...
Actually... PC gaming in Japan has been pretty strong for quite some time now.

I have met MANY Japanese gamers on Steam ever since Left 4 Dead came out.
A few of them still run Front Mission Evolved, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 2, and Magicka with me.
And they're often friends with German gamers as well. xD

Let's also skip over the fact that there are a number of very good Japanese RPG and strategy games out for the PC that just basically never made it to the US for one reason or another. I know a few of the games made it to Europe or to specific countries but the US just skipped over it deciding they weren't worth the time and money investment to translate and bring them over or something.

Last but not least, the Japanese ero game market is also pretty awesome.
>_>
<_<
Honestly, I wish they bring this over in a more official manner than sites licensing individual games here or there forcing you to wander the net aimless for them.
>_>
<_<

I agree massively- being able to buy Ero/VN's on Steam or similar would be sweet. I'd be happy to pay for a good translation and quality.

I just want me Steins;gate VN...

But if you look at the stats, proportionally, pc gamers are still in the minority by a large margin.

EDIT: We still don't get very much here in the UK :/
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#13BuburibonPosted 9/6/2013 1:21:05 PM
Konami doesn't seem to be convinced just yet. I remember being excited about MGRR for PC being "confirmed, coming soon" a few months ago during E3.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/07/metal-gear-rising-revengeance-coming-to-pc
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#14Zohar_MetatronPosted 9/6/2013 1:21:37 PM
I'm hoping Cave or Atlus make the jump. ESPGaluda 2 on Steam, make that **** happen.

It'd actually be a really smart move for Cave-I don't know how their localization attempts on the 360 went in terms of sales, but "30-dollar digital-only release, untranslated, with no advertising" probably didn't bring in the big bucks. They could probably secure that US audience they've been after with a port or two.

Would also be nice if ZUN would get his act together, too.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#15ThePCElitistPosted 9/6/2013 1:25:23 PM
I hope FFXV comes to PC because 70% of all FFXIV sales came from the PC platform.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#16Sub TankPosted 9/6/2013 1:27:09 PM
mikewu1 posted...
Got to love those h games

Just wait for them to figure out what they can do with the Occulus Rift.
---
"...on a ps3 a realalistic looking megaman with a huge universe to explore rag dog physics." - Djmidnight1
#17GoIrish80Posted 9/6/2013 1:55:20 PM
If Monster Hunter 4 comes out for PC I'll absolutely flip out.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#18Bikes-Posted 9/6/2013 2:09:31 PM
blade6321 posted...
Mogu_Mogu posted...
Actually... PC gaming in Japan has been pretty strong for quite some time now.

I have met MANY Japanese gamers on Steam ever since Left 4 Dead came out.
A few of them still run Front Mission Evolved, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead 2, and Magicka with me.
And they're often friends with German gamers as well. xD

Let's also skip over the fact that there are a number of very good Japanese RPG and strategy games out for the PC that just basically never made it to the US for one reason or another. I know a few of the games made it to Europe or to specific countries but the US just skipped over it deciding they weren't worth the time and money investment to translate and bring them over or something.

Last but not least, the Japanese ero game market is also pretty awesome.
>_>
<_<
Honestly, I wish they bring this over in a more official manner than sites licensing individual games here or there forcing you to wander the net aimless for them.
>_>
<_<

I agree massively- being able to buy Ero/VN's on Steam or similar would be sweet. I'd be happy to pay for a good translation and quality.

I just want me Steins;gate VN...

But if you look at the stats, proportionally, pc gamers are still in the minority by a large margin.

EDIT: We still don't get very much here in the UK :/

You guys do know there's only like 2 sites that actually sell officially translated stuff. Jast/J-list and Mangagamer.

And steins;gate is being released, I dunno if either site does international shipping to the UK but you could probably at least get a digital copy, they're also considering a steam release of Steins;gate (after they launch the CD version though), but the 18+ stuff will never end up there.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#19Fazeo13Posted 9/6/2013 3:01:33 PM
When is metal gear rising coming to the pc already? Gah! ******* Konami such a tease.
---
You aren't even really reading my posts; you're just staring at your e-mail client and fondly reminiscing about that hobo you stabbed to death. :P