This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How important is upload speed?

#1BogePosted 9/6/2013 3:26:11 PM
I'm curious how important upload speed is. We have a 20/5 speed right now. I believe when we signed up, we had the option to go with like a slower 15/2 or something. I was concerned because we do gaming get togethers at my house and I thought the upload speed was necessary for online gaming.

The speed is currently 20/2 as the past number of months. Not sure why the upload has been stuck at 2, but should I make a big stink about getting it increased?
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#2DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/6/2013 3:31:25 PM
2 is plenty for online gaming as of right now. I'd complain if I uploaded videos or something similar but if you don't do that very often, its not a biggy. That said, if you are paying for 5mbps up, you should be getting 5mbps up and that deserves a call.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#3Boge(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 3:37:56 PM(edited)
That's kind of what I figured, which is why I haven't made a big deal out of it. It's just been nagging on me that we're paying for 5 and only getting 2. I just sent them an email. I'm sure they'll blame it on cables or my router or something, whatever they can do to keep my money without doing anything to earn it. Such is the way of business from the greedy scum that run the world.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#4Ch3wyPosted 9/6/2013 3:41:55 PM
It's not really that big of a deal for gaming but I'd open up a class action lawsuit immediately because **** the system.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5Kokuei05Posted 9/6/2013 3:43:59 PM
Not important. Unless you're looking to stream or back up your whole HDD on cloud on a bi-weekly basis; you barely need any upload speed.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAZnjFbOyI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbxOaq6_i1Y