This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battery Pack issue

#1Darkstorm16Posted 9/6/2013 7:21:31 PM
My uncle has had problems lately. He plugs in his laptop to use it and notice it won't turn on. Thinking it's the charger, he uses his wife's charger.... nothing. Honestly it's puzzling me, I want to say the battery is gone, but wouldn't the battery stay in neutral if plugged in? Also he spilled pop onto his laptop....not sure if it would affect the battery though. Thanks in advance.
---
PS Plus is one of the best video game rental service.
#2SamusFarronPosted 9/6/2013 7:23:19 PM
I laughed
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
Asuka>>>>>>>Rei
#3Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:34:45 PM
SamusFarron posted...
I laughed

yeah gee thanks for the wise words -_-; I swear the PC board is like a trollish hotspot of jerks with very few nice peeps.
---
#4LordSeiferPosted 9/6/2013 7:50:11 PM
good way to get help is to insult everyone
---
^ this
#5WerdnAndreWPosted 9/6/2013 7:57:35 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
Also he spilled pop onto his laptop....not sure if it would affect the battery though. Thanks in advance.

Nah, just the whole laptop.
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
#6TeenmanPosted 9/6/2013 7:58:12 PM
Pull out the battery and plug it directly into the wall.
Laptops do not need the battery when plugged into the wall.

If you are not receiving the a power light and the machine does not turn on; the soda pop most likely took out the motherboard.
---
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do...." (Stephen F. Roberts)
#7JockoPosted 9/6/2013 8:01:26 PM
Darkstorm16 posted...
My uncle has had problems lately. He plugs in his laptop to use it and notice it won't turn on. Thinking it's the charger, he uses his wife's charger.... nothing. Honestly it's puzzling me, I want to say the battery is gone, but wouldn't the battery stay in neutral if plugged in? Also he spilled pop onto his laptop....not sure if it would affect the battery though. Thanks in advance.

The battery should have jack squat to do with the issue if it doesn't power up with the power cord plugged in.

1. Take the battery out to take it out of the equation.
2. Make sure the electrical outlet is active (don't laugh you'd be surprised).
3. Plug power cord into working outlet and then plug into laptop.

Most laptops will have a little LED light that lights up where it connects to the laptop. Do you see a little LED light that comes on? If so then we at least know it's getting some amount of power to it. Put your ear on the laptop and when you hit the power button see if you can hear ANYTHING or if it's dead silent.
---
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
#8LordSeiferPosted 9/6/2013 8:05:11 PM
did he spill pop on it awhile back, or since he spilled pop on it it hasnt turned on since, that seems like an important question with an easy diagnosis
---
^ this
#9Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 8:12:24 PM
He spilled the pop on Monday while he was in the hospital and now it wont turn on last night. I apologize for earlier I just hate how I try to make a serious topic and you just get mocked at on here.
---
#10Darkstorm16(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 8:52:40 PM
Well...I found out from my mom that last night it was working great....just the battery was going,,,and then boom.
---