This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Arcen Bundle is good stuff.

#1RPGMattPosted 9/6/2013 7:47:57 PM
After having played a few hours of Valley 2, I can safely say it was worth the couple of bucks I paid. This game is pretty great. Some crappy character sprites, but everything else is totally professional, and the strategy+castlevania elements work together perfectly. Can't speak for the higher tier games, since I didn't pay that much.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#2bluemooglePosted 9/6/2013 9:22:55 PM
Yea, I got the feeling when looking at the game that it's led by someone good at designing and programming, but not drawing. Guess you can't go wrong for a dollar though.
---
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
#3CatToyPosted 9/6/2013 9:28:14 PM(edited)
bluemoogle posted...
Yea, I got the feeling when looking at the game that it's led by someone good at designing and programming, but not drawing. Guess you can't go wrong for a dollar though.

That's not far from the actual story. Starting with Valley 1, they didn't have an artist on the team, the entire game is coder art. Later they promised they would hire a third party to provide better artwork for the game, a complete overhaul graphically. Following the announcement, Valley 2 was announced as a free title release to Valley 1 owners, with both games now sold as a bundle for the same price.

Valley 1 never saw the art overhaul, it was rolled into Valley 2 with many gameplay changes, resulting in a very different game.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#4OrgeLambartPosted 9/6/2013 10:37:53 PM
valley with no wind and shattered haven look pretty good to me, probably going to pick it up pretty soon.
---
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart
#5RPGMatt(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 4:52:43 AM
I saw there was some sort of custom skin feature. I wonder if anyone has tried to bring the graphics up to par.
---
http://www.facebook.com/chaosframe
#6snesmaster40Posted 9/7/2013 5:02:28 AM
I'm sort of interested in this bundle. Is Skyward Collapse good?
---
Are we not men?