This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Please HELP!!! I cant install AMD drivers for Graphic card!!!!

#1sin_shenronPosted 9/6/2013 9:07:53 PM
I canīt install or uninstall my AMD drivers.

I have an ATI HD 5770 HD 1 GB XFX.

It worked fine until today when I tried to install the beta drivers and I noticed the Catalyst gave me an error every single time I tried to install it.

Then I tried to use the AMD utillity to uninstall the drivers and the same error appeared.

Until this point I was never able to install or uninstall anything.

THEN I clicked on Equip > Adminsitrate >Administrate Hardware and clicked over the Graphic Card and selected to "uninstall" the driver and it got uninstalled, however now I am in big trouble as it canīt install any diver anyways and I am stuck with NO GRAPHIC CARD as the PC wonīt install or recognize the drivers either.

I already tried to run Driver Sweeper but when I select "clean" it freezes and I canīt progress.

I have CC cleaner but I donīt know how to use it and I see AMD or ATI programs nowhere in the list

Also in Control Panel > Programs, the ATI or AMD programs are NOT THERE anymore.

I tried to Restore System and it didnīt worked either.

Donīt know what to do anymore

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I will Give 2 Steam games to whoever helps me with this.
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
#2HackedtoPieces1Posted 9/6/2013 9:33:01 PM(edited)
Specifications and operating system?

Is the card showing up in your bios? If not, trying re-seating the card in the PCI-E slot or place in an additional slot if you have one if you haven't tried yet.

I'm assuming you went into safe mode to use driver sweeper and running as administrator.

Device manager is not showing anything for the display adapters either? (windows)

Is the card overclocked, anything special?
---
In the middle of the track is ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
#3NingishzidaPosted 9/6/2013 9:44:39 PM
^ all that

also, you didn't say what error you got. goto eventvwr.msc and look under application error, google the error.

CCleaner is worth running to clean registry and any tempfile remnants but Sweeper in safe has always worked really well for my purposes
#4sin_shenron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 9:55:55 PM
Ningishzida posted...
^ all that

also, you didn't say what error you got. goto eventvwr.msc and look under application error, google the error.

CCleaner is worth running to clean registry and any tempfile remnants but Sweeper in safe has always worked really well for my purposes

1.-Yes the card appears under the Equip > Administrate, it does recognize and it have a big "!" yellow triangle beside it, it just donīt install any driver and it says "itīs up to date" according to windows

2.-I am in Windows 7 Ultimate

3.-I entered under Safe Mode and tried Driver Sweep as Administrator, I marked all AMD checks and after a while it ask me to reboot but donīt actually delete anything, I can post a pic of the things it donīt cleans.

4.-The error is: Failed to load detection Driver

Help Please!!
---
"Live as if you were to die Tomorrow. Feel like you were to be Reborn now. Face as if you were to Live Forever"
FFVII DoC.
#5HackedtoPieces1Posted 9/6/2013 10:32:39 PM(edited)
Looking around some other forums from google search (lowyat), maybe Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package might be a problem?

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1704981/all

Looks like an identical case here.

Have you tried some older versions of catalyst available on AMD's website as well?
---
In the middle of the track is ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR
#6sin_shenron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:43:52 PM
HackedtoPieces1 posted...
Looking around some other forums from google search (lowyat), maybe Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package might be a problem?

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1704981/all

Looks like an identical case here.

Have you tried some older versions of catalyst available on AMD's website as well?

thanks but the C++ thing didnīt worked.... I am really desperate
---
FFVII DoC.
#7nis300zx32Posted 9/6/2013 10:57:56 PM
i had that happen to me i think i had to rename amd or ati folder to get it to work
---
Desktop:i5 3570k @ 4.6, amd Hd 7950 @ 1200/1300, 16GB Ram, Laptop:Sager NP6110, PS-VITA,3DS XL, XBOX 360, Ps 3, PsP, Samsung Galaxy S III
#8nis300zx32Posted 9/6/2013 11:21:53 PM
i had to rename my ati technologies folder to get it to work in program files x86
---
Desktop:i5 3570k @ 4.6, amd Hd 7950 @ 1200/1300, 16GB Ram, Laptop:Sager NP6110, PS-VITA,3DS XL, XBOX 360, Ps 3, PsP, Samsung Galaxy S III
#9sin_shenron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:46:06 PM
nis300zx32 posted...
i had to rename my ati technologies folder to get it to work in program files x86

I tried everything I donīt know what else to do....
---
FFVII DoC.
#10nis300zx32Posted 9/7/2013 12:03:17 AM
you have to rename the folder then install the new drivers
---