This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Been trying to put together a current/next gen PC

#1iemerg_Posted 9/7/2013 9:02:22 AM
and Ive been failing this is what I have so far:

i5 3570K
EVGA Geforce 760 GTX ACX cooler included
Corsair CX500
G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866
AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard

This was going to be my base system around $730 already have a full aluminum tower I've had for like 3 years works GREAT and a Western Digital 10k 500GB HDD that this will all follow with eventually I want a 120GB SSD for Windows booting and whatnot but thats later.

Anyways will this last me through most of the next gen and current gen? If not I wont bother even building it because this is $730 and I can just buy an XB1 if thats the case not a hardcore gamer I can live with 30-40fps avg and medium-high settings I only game on 1440x900 so no insane resolutions.

Just want this to basically max battlefield 4 and a few next gen games while retaining futureproofness.. I am aware that the intel socket is old but I've heard a lot of bad stuff about Haswell so I decided to attempt to OC instead of spending insane money on no extra performance boost. Also would there be any better PSU/GPU/RAM for the price of what I currently have? if not then cool I just want recommendations tips etc.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#2RhytenPosted 9/7/2013 9:05:36 AM
At that resolution you can max current gen games, we can't foresee next gen ones though, but if you are happy with 30 fps and mediumish settings, it will probably last quite a while.
---
Antec Neo Eco 620w | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz | EVGA Gtx 570 1280 Mb | 8 Gb DDR 3 1333 Mhz | WD 1 Tb 7200 Rpm SATA 3 | HP 2011x 20" 1600x900
#3iemerg_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 9:11:57 AM
Rhyten posted...
At that resolution you can max current gen games, we can't foresee next gen ones though, but if you are happy with 30 fps and mediumish settings, it will probably last quite a while.

That bad huh? man I remember when I'd spend $800 to build aPC and it would last me 4 years now it seems you need to upgrade almost twice every gen.
---
"Only real men can cook bacon shirtless" me
#4kill2thisPosted 9/7/2013 2:22:17 PM
iemerg_ posted...
Rhyten posted...

That bad huh? man I remember when I'd spend $800 to build aPC and it would last me 4 years now it seems you need to upgrade almost twice every gen.

Try and read his post again, the point he made is that he can't put a time on how long you'll be maxing games, but as a worst case scenario you'll be hitting medium/30fps for a long time (probably) that's in no way bad.

Also you state you remember when you could build and it last 4 years without an upgrade, but say that now it seems you need to upgrade twice a generation, considering the current gen (360) has been out 8 years ish and 4x2=8 there's no difference.