This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shadow Warrior remake. Anyone hear anything about this game?

#21Dark_SpiretPosted 9/8/2013 1:43:27 AM
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Wait what was so bad about Hard Reset?

Its still in my backlog but you guys are scaring me ;(
nothing was really bad about it (well ok the story was ass, but then you dont play these types of games for that), it just didnt really have the old school feel like it was hyped as. Its level design wasnt like the old shooters and its movement was surprisingly sluggish for this type of game. Also lacks enemy variety. All that said shooting stuff still feels really good. it looks gorgeous, its upgrade system is addictive and its definitely stylish in a lot of ways (its weapon transformations and menu systems are really really cool). its a really good game, just dont expect a throw back to Doom, Duke or Shadow warrior.
---
Currently playing: Nier - Shadow Warrior Redux - Parasite Eve 2
#22sonicteam2k1Posted 9/8/2013 4:33:42 AM
It looks alright. Im not paying 40 bucks for it though. 20 would have been the sweet spot
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#23thanthenPosted 9/8/2013 5:30:16 AM
Wasn't the protagonist a middle aged asian bold guy in the original?
---
Rock is fine, scissors are overpowered.
-paper
#24AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/10/2013 10:19:49 AM
Got a 10% off coupon in my inventory today. Went ahead and picked it up. Had a buck or so in my wallet so it was $29. I really hope it's decent and offers some replayability.
#25jake-sfPosted 9/10/2013 10:40:44 AM
DARQ MX posted...

lol... Name one FPS in the 90s that wasn't Linear... god that word is so overused... Almost every game today has some Linear aspects to it. Hell even skyrim could be considered linear when it comes to the story. There is only ONE way to beat the main story and that is going a Linear path.

He said linear level design.

Blood, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, Hexen, Shadow Warrior (the original), Strife, all are games from the 90s with non-linear level design, secrets, and secret levels. This is a fact.

The new Shadow Warrior is in the veins of Painkiller -> I much prefer the true old school level design instead of just pure arena.

I looked at videos of Shadow Warrior (that TotalBiscuit one) and I thought the combat looked awesome. That said, its just an arena based shooter. Which means I have 0 desire to pay 40$ for it, or even 33$ as it is, but I don't pre-order those games. Unless its 20 hours long and packed full of variety, wouldn't be worth the cost.

Its unfortunate, its the only shooter this year besides Rise of the Triad that looked like fun, and Rise of the Triad wasn't very good.

It also feels nothing like Shadow Warrior, I'm annoyed they used the name, really. The protagonist's voice doesn't work at all.

I'm really getting tired of having to write an essay of things that are wrong on shooters that are the closest we can even get to shooters that were good from the past.

And on the Hard Reset topic, it looks miles better in the gameplay department than Hard Reset. I couldn't stand Hard Reset.

So what will this game be? A relatively shallow game with some fun action you'll play a bit. It probably won't have any mods and OF COURSE they'd never open source this, so it'll just be a small experience, full of potential, but thats all there will be. Next, waiting 5 years for some other FPS to come out thats even remotely interesting.

What a depressing genre.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#26AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/10/2013 11:05:10 AM
^ It's always doom and gloom with you. Just continue playing s*** that's 20 years old. Other people will continue to play and have fun with new games.
#27MonkeymagePosted 9/10/2013 11:12:18 AM
AnatomyHorror posted...
^ It's always doom and gloom with you. Just continue playing s*** that's 20 years old. Other people will continue to play and have fun with new games.

No ****. jake-sf is like one of those insufferable film buffs who only watches Ingmar Bergman movies and has nothing but vitriol for new things.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#28NingishzidaPosted 9/10/2013 11:22:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29jake-sfPosted 9/10/2013 12:41:36 PM
I just named shooters from the 90s because they're the only one with non-linear level design.

If you're too moronic to comprehend that, just shut the hell up. I don't need people that can't see plain and simple facts to speak to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#30AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/10/2013 2:19:08 PM
jake-sf posted...
I just named shooters from the 90s because they're the only one with non-linear level design.

If you're too moronic to comprehend that, just shut the hell up. I don't need people that can't see plain and simple facts to speak to me.

Dude, you name shooters and all other types of games from the 90's in pretty much every post I've ever seen you type up. I'm pretty sure you brought up Doom and s*** whenever Bioshock Infinite came out.