This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How accurate is the Can You Run It thing?

#1AkubunakPosted 9/8/2013 8:00:52 AM(edited)
I've been wanting to try Dark Souls for awhile now but I thought I'd use the CRYI website to see if I could run it well enough. It says I failed the minimum requirements because my CPU isn't quite good enough. Everything else seemed to be fine so would I still be able to run it well or should I just not waste my money?

Also, it says I shouldn't be able to run ARMA II but I can play it at mid-high settings at a lower resolution. How trustworthy is this little app thing?

[Edit]

sorry, probably should have put my specs up in case anyone has a similar build and knows how well the game would run

CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz
4.1 Gigs of RAM
GeForce 9800M GTS

Anything else I need to put? Apologies, I'm not so good with the whole pc specs nonsense
#2SlaynPosted 9/8/2013 7:48:34 AM
If you were a smart person, you would have included your PC specs in this post.

Oh well...
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#3El_KazPosted 9/8/2013 7:52:06 AM
It's based on the Minimum and Recommended specs that are released by devs for each game.
So no, not very accurate at all.
Minimum specs don't mean much... it's entirely possible that you can run a game decently without meeting minimum specs. Its only real purpose is to give tech support an excuse to blow you off if you're having troubles with the game while below minimum specs.
Recommended specs, well... really don't mean anything. There's no standards as to what performances you can expect to get with recommended specs... probably best to just ignore them.
---
Wait... what?
#4MyDogSkipPosted 9/8/2013 9:18:02 AM
Game-o-meter works better.

http://www.yougamers.com/
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz | ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | ASUS DCII GTX 670 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz
Antec EA-650W | 120GB Intel 520 | 1TB HDD | Corsair 400R | Hyper 212+ | 2560x1440