This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Next gen or PC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Next gen or PC?
3 years ago#1
Will $400 or $500 be enough to build a decent gaming PC? Looking at all the comments and such I am starting to have doubts about the new consoles and I am worried about wasting money on them. Should I go next gen or PC?
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
3 years ago#2
You will get better hardware for the price with consoles. The cost evens out over time though, as the software is a lot cheaper on PC, and you don't need to pay extra to play online.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
3 years ago#3
If you're that uncertain and uninformed, I wouldn't buy any hardware.
3 years ago#4
For that price you're better off with a console.
You should look to spend somewhere around $700 - $800 for a gaming PC if you're starting from scratch.

PCs have larger up front investments but pay off in the long run through better prices on the games.

Consoles have a lower up front cost but their games end up costing you more over time.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?
3 years ago#5
Yeah, for $400-500 initial budget, console is the way to go.
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11
3 years ago#6
Next gen consols now or if you want to wait a couple of years PC.
Consoles are just better for now and last you longer. Never had a PC that could keep up to the standereds for 8 years.
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]
3 years ago#7
How often do you generally need to upgrade a PC to keep up? Can you use a standard Xbox/PS controller with PCs? I don't do well with mouse and keyboard, generally. Do you have to be really tech-savvy to build a good PC?
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
3 years ago#8
Consoles are only good for the exclusives.

The cost for online gaming and more expensive games make the consoles more expensive in the long run.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
3 years ago#9
Snadados posted...
For that price you're better off with a console.
You should look to spend somewhere around $700 - $800 for a gaming PC if you're starting from scratch.

PCs have larger up front investments but pay off in the long run through better prices on the games.

Consoles have a lower up front cost but their games end up costing you more over time.
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
3 years ago#10
Unless you're seriously dying to play games like right now I'd just wait and save. No reason to get a console just because you only have such and such money to spend atm. Save up to 700-1000 (if you want something decent and not just something a couple steps above console) and get a PC then.
Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. Lets revitalize this game eh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FUge6ghaIo&hd=1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Next gen or PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived