This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

KOTOR PC or Ipad ?

#11LazyyAmericanPosted 9/8/2013 1:18:15 PM(edited)
Yes there are only a couple total conversion mods....but many of the aesthetic changes are fantastic. Don't underestimate having high resolution robes and custom sabers....it really is quite nice to add to the experience. The only downside to the game on PC is the rigamarole you have to go through to get proper widescreen support. It's quite the pain in the ass for KOTOR, not as much of a nuisance for the second game.
---
Quite the dilemma....to coexist in a world that ostracizes you into obscurity
#12datopgamerPosted 9/8/2013 3:50:21 PM
Ive played both and pc is better after modding. For the base game Ipad wins because there are issues on pc with newer systems and resolutions which is a simple fix.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#13MasterDonGeroPosted 9/8/2013 3:58:08 PM
ShadowThaReaper posted...
If you have to ask, then don't bother.

Go play your little Angry Birds games.

---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#14NingishzidaPosted 9/8/2013 6:01:05 PM
datopgamer posted...
For the base game Ipad wins

lol
#15SolidManifestPosted 9/8/2013 9:13:06 PM
iPad to troll yourself
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell
#16NejiHyuga900Posted 9/8/2013 10:23:26 PM
If you like going to places outside your house and want something to do, then get it for iPad (unless if you have a laptop that you would carry). But if you are mostly at home, get it for your PC.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is by far my favorite RPG of all time.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#17turbovirginPosted 9/8/2013 10:35:46 PM
PC, get it off steam and you can play on your macbook as well.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#18PaukenPosted 9/8/2013 10:49:16 PM
I love how everyone says "PC FOR MODZ", yet tbh there aren't any for KoTOR that add anything substantial. No, high def robes aren't a substantial addition; if you got those robes through a massive quest chain spanning multiple worlds not explored in KoTOR, THEN it would be substantial, but just the robes by themselves doesn't warrent jumping for the PC version.

If this was NWN1 or KoTOR2, then yeah, PC version would be best (NWN1 would suck without any community content, and KoTOR2 has that nice bigass restoration patchmod that readds almost everything that had to be cut to fit the game into the christmas sale season, so both would be far better on PC with mods), but KoTOR1 fits into a very small niche of games in which the version, ultimately, doesn't matter. In fact, if you suck at fixing problems with software, the iPad version might very well be the best for you, as I imagine the amount of headdesking you'll be doing from the game refusing to work properly would be significantly less on an OS that prevents any kind of tweaking in the first place.

Ironically, this rule also applies to Bioware's other titles; aside from Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (non-enhanced-editions, due to how the enhanced editions break compatibility with 99% of mods just to troll new buyers), NWN1, and MAYBE (a big maybe) Dragon Age 1 (whose modding community died about the same time it was released...), all of Bioware's recent titles have been perfectly fine, if not better, on console. This increased exponentially with Origin, as now all future Bioware games require letting EA bend you over just to play them, unless you buy them on console (where thankfully Origin cannot spread its viral tentacles without pissing off MS, Sony, or Nintendo).
#19TimePharaohPosted 9/8/2013 10:50:45 PM
Pauken posted...
all of Bioware's recent titles have been perfectly fine, if not better, on console. This increased exponentially with Origin, as now all future Bioware games require letting EA bend you over just to play them, unless you buy them on console (where thankfully Origin cannot spread its viral tentacles without pissing off MS, Sony, or Nintendo).

Name some better ones.

And Origin already exists on consoles, so....
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#20Lemur_HPosted 9/8/2013 10:53:31 PM
Played it on the iPad 3.

Surprisingly good. :)