This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

KOTOR PC or Ipad ?

#21PaukenPosted 9/8/2013 11:43:23 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
Pauken posted...
all of Bioware's recent titles have been perfectly fine, if not better, on console. This increased exponentially with Origin, as now all future Bioware games require letting EA bend you over just to play them, unless you buy them on console (where thankfully Origin cannot spread its viral tentacles without pissing off MS, Sony, or Nintendo).

Name some better ones.

And Origin already exists on consoles, so....

Mass Effect series, because even with the terrible framerate of the console versions, at least you can have all 3 games on the same platform without downloading Origin.

That's about it currently, but nonetheless it'll just get worse as the Dragon Age franchise is milked for all it's worth.

Also, the Origin on consoles is nowhere near the same level of bullcrap that the PC version pulls. Origin on consoles is just logging in for registration as an optional thing to allow for exclusive DLC, which while not the best setup, at least is better than Origin PC's "whoops, you posted a bad thing on our forums, enjoy your permaban and loss of all your games trollololololol" bullcrap. You can't possibly lose games from a loose post on EA's forums on console, as MS/Sony/Nintendo have the final say in what games you're allowed to play on their console, and thus EA can't request you to lose your purchased console games like they can with PC Origin games. The worst they can do is shut down a vitally important server that the game will not function without, which will affect everyone and not just the forum clown.
#22DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/9/2013 12:12:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23KOTRwhoopsPosted 9/9/2013 12:18:56 AM
PC is always the choice here.
---
PLAYING - Final Fantasy XIV (PC), Shadow of the Colossus (PS3), Metro LL (PC)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII, FFX/X-2 HD
#24NingishzidaPosted 9/9/2013 2:40:32 AM
Pauken posted...
all of Bioware's recent titles have been perfectly fine, if not better, on console.

lol

you were talking of mods?

DA:O has visual and tactical mods that blow anything on console out of the water. the modscene is flourishing, still.

Mass Effect 2/3 has 4096*4096 px texture upscales on PC.

crawl out of console peasantdom into the sunlight, open your eyes and look around, Bioware games on PC destroy the crudely primitive console versions
#25Mangorush-VPosted 9/9/2013 2:47:20 AM
Ningishzida posted...
Pauken posted...
all of Bioware's recent titles have been perfectly fine, if not better, on console.

lol

you were talking of mods?

DA:O has visual and tactical mods that blow anything on console out of the water. the modscene is flourishing, still.

Mass Effect 2/3 has 4096*4096 px texture upscales on PC.

crawl out of console peasantdom into the sunlight, open your eyes and look around, Bioware games on PC destroy the crudely primitive console versions

English must not be your first language it seems.
---
XBL: Mangorush V
PSN: Mangorush-V
#26TimePharaohPosted 9/9/2013 2:50:44 AM
Pauken posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Pauken posted...
all of Bioware's recent titles have been perfectly fine, if not better, on console. This increased exponentially with Origin, as now all future Bioware games require letting EA bend you over just to play them, unless you buy them on console (where thankfully Origin cannot spread its viral tentacles without pissing off MS, Sony, or Nintendo).

Name some better ones.

And Origin already exists on consoles, so....

Mass Effect series, because even with the terrible framerate of the console versions, at least you can have all 3 games on the same platform without downloading Origin.

That's about it currently, but nonetheless it'll just get worse as the Dragon Age franchise is milked for all it's worth.

Also, the Origin on consoles is nowhere near the same level of bullcrap that the PC version pulls. Origin on consoles is just logging in for registration as an optional thing to allow for exclusive DLC, which while not the best setup, at least is better than Origin PC's "whoops, you posted a bad thing on our forums, enjoy your permaban and loss of all your games trollololololol" bullcrap. You can't possibly lose games from a loose post on EA's forums on console, as MS/Sony/Nintendo have the final say in what games you're allowed to play on their console, and thus EA can't request you to lose your purchased console games like they can with PC Origin games. The worst they can do is shut down a vitally important server that the game will not function without, which will affect everyone and not just the forum clown.

So what you're saying is that even though the game is technically superior in mechanics, graphics, support, etc....the game itself is worse because of Origin? I loled

And your reason why is terrible as well. Because EA can ban you because of a post on their forums? Why are you posting on their forums exactly?

You smell like dirt and farm...
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#27PaukenPosted 9/9/2013 8:49:01 AM
Ugh, there's no point in arguing about avoiding Origin to people who apparently have sold their souls to EA. Supporting PC Origin is the worst possible thing you could do in the PC gaming community, as it only encourages every %#$&ing publisher to open their own storefront instead of using Steam.

I'm sorry, but the console versions of ME are better just for not having mandatory Origin on any of the titles. Again, console origin isn't so bad because MS/Sony still controls the content, and all the registration does is unlock more content; it doesn't try to create two different online shops on console, it just ties into the console's standard shop.

If you want to support Origin by buying Bioware's latest titles, fine, but don't come crying back to the forums when every publisher has a separate storefront, and Steam receives indie titles only.
#28fatelord(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 12:43:01 PM
I liked Mass effect better on consoles for Gamepad controls, Wish they made it like skyrim, where the use of either is viable on PC .. #Sigh ..
---
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace.....Oscar Wilde
#29WyzeGyePosted 9/9/2013 12:57:41 PM
Pauken posted...
Ugh, there's no point in arguing about avoiding Origin to people who apparently have sold their souls to EA. Supporting PC Origin is the worst possible thing you could do in the PC gaming community, as it only encourages every %#$&ing publisher to open their own storefront instead of using Steam.

you've got your head wedged pretty far up there... do you need a hand?
---
http://i.imgur.com/2dhh8tn.gif | http://i.imgur.com/p5EXSiq.jpg
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/7/201227_v1.gif
#30biohazard1775Posted 9/9/2013 3:18:57 PM
PC
---
http://i.imgur.com/nrx65Pw.jpg
We should take away their metal boxes!