This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am very curious, why cant the xbox one and ps4 have better hardware?

#11TimePharaohPosted 9/8/2013 4:40:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12xavieris1984Posted 9/8/2013 4:41:15 PM
why should he feel bad, alot of feel the same way man.
#13DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/8/2013 4:41:43 PM
xtrmpcgamer posted...
i understand cost and everything, but i dont really understand their logic to at least keep up with present times.

If you truly understood, you would know that its the bottom line and a case of diminishing returns. No one will buy a 600 dollar + console again. That coupled with the fact that the majority don't care about graphical fidelity to the point most pc users do and you get the reason why they chose those parts. They are trying to turn their consoles into gaming service devices more than the thoroughbred muscle machines past console generations tended to be.

Do you really need to improve on todays graphics that much? These consoles are at least double the specs of the 360 and ps3.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#14xavieris1984Posted 9/8/2013 4:43:55 PM
their are alot of gamers buying the new consoles just because of the graphics, so your point is not valid.
#15xavieris1984Posted 9/8/2013 4:45:46 PM
the new machines are suppose to last 8 years or more, so pathetic even if the box is between 400-600 dollars, now they are allready outdated.
#16TimePharaohPosted 9/8/2013 4:45:47 PM
xavieris1984 posted...
why should he feel bad, alot of feel the same way man.

Because it was a stupid question, but then so are your posts so you probably didn't notice.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#17AcquirePosted 9/8/2013 4:48:31 PM(edited)
Because it doesn't make business sense to do that.

They want to make a profit quicker. I think the time of releasing consoles and selling at a huge loss has come to an end. These new consoles are a lot more powerful than the current generation ones, but then the current generation consoles are like 7 years old. They're not being sold at a massive loss like most consoles of the past have been though. They're also starting to realize that for most console gamers ultimate visuals aren't all that matter, which is why we're seeing all these extra features of interactivity and social networking built into them.

As long as the visual upgrade is signification, which it is, people won't care that it's not the top end when the price is right.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#18Orestes417Posted 9/8/2013 4:48:22 PM
Combination of price and the lead time required for development. Honestly though, the specs are irrelevant. It's all about the content
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#19xtrmpcgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 4:50:44 PM
thanks for the info acquire, valid points.
#20LB3Posted 9/8/2013 4:53:13 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Combination of price and the lead time required for development. Honestly though, the specs are irrelevant. It's all about the content

I will be playing my PS4 because Sony consoles always have exclusives that I enjoy. I will use my PC for other games. Don't really care about graphics. I what great game play and great story.
---
PSN: Bwleon7 Steam: bwleon79
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. -Albert Einstein