This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I am very curious, why cant the xbox one and ps4 have better hardware?

#21Last Grand MageX2Posted 9/8/2013 4:01:07 PM
I think that the big problem is going to be backlash, about 6 months to a year after the consoles come out.

When the new consoles drop, console gamers are going to be amazed by the graphics of these new systems. But because of how outclassed they're going to be from the start by PCs, within 6 months or so, a new, mid-range PC is going to dominate consoles graphically.

Now you might say, but wait, PCs get awful ports of console games, the PCs advantages won't be that obvious, or overtake these consoles that quickly. Well, that may have been true in the past, but the new consoles have an architecture much more similar to PCs than any of the previous consoles, meaning that if anything, it's more likely that PCs become the lead development platform for most multi-plat games. Hell, Watchdogs is already planning exclusive gameplay features for the PC, and I doubt they're going to be the last company to do so.

So, if the graphical capabilities of a mid-range PC can match or exceed these consoles, and the PC versions are the definitive versions of the multiplatform titles within a year of these new consoles dropping, I see many gamers making the switch into PC gaming.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#22MasterDonGeroPosted 9/8/2013 4:07:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#23urtvPosted 9/8/2013 4:08:28 PM
xavieris1984 posted...
their are alot of gamers buying the new consoles just because of the graphics, so your point is not valid.

if they really wanted graphics then they would have gotten a pc.they get consoles because they cant afford to throw down 1k+ like pc users
#24I_Am_On_FirePosted 9/8/2013 4:14:40 PM
urtv posted...
xavieris1984 posted...
their are alot of gamers buying the new consoles just because of the graphics, so your point is not valid.

if they really wanted graphics then they would have gotten a pc.they get consoles because they cant afford to throw down 1k+ like pc users

A decent PC is nowhere near $1k.
---
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64
#25xavieris1984Posted 9/8/2013 4:19:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#26SenkoyPosted 9/8/2013 4:22:02 PM
xavieris1984 posted...
everyone is keeps saying price, well howabout maybe the companys are just lazy and want to step up the game a little bit, being two too three years behind is pathetic.

Dumbest thing I've seen posted here in a while, and that's saying a lot. How can it be lazyness? How is not paying for better hardware have anything to do with lazyness? What the hell are you talking about?

And they know what they are doing. The $600 price tag on the PS3 hurt its sales terribly. They learned from their mistakes and know people aren't going to pay that much for a console. Even $500 is steep for a lot of people. $400 is the "just right" price and that's the hardware they could put on it.

Besides, most console gamers don't care that much about graphics, that's why the companies try to focus more on features, exclusives and other stuff.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#27Last Grand MageX2Posted 9/8/2013 4:29:09 PM
urtv posted...
xavieris1984 posted...

Actually, this isn't quite true. You have to remember that there are a lot of 'gamers' who play Madden, NBA 2K, and CoD. Well, Madden doesn't come out on PC, no one plays 2k on the PC, and you'd want to use a controller anyway, and all their bros have an Xbox, so that's what they're going to play CoD on.

If you mean a gamer as in someone who plays a wide range of video games, who talks about different games with friends in real life and online and who reads gaming news, then yea, they buy consoles because a PC is too expensive.

Now for the gamers who tend to stick to only a handful of games, typically ones that have an annual release, the most important things are, in order:

1. Playing with the bros - Self explanatory. No matter what arguments you use here, it's a lost battle. PC games simply don't have the sheer size of community that the most popular console games have. Likewise, it's more likely that all your friends have an Xbox than it is that they all have dope gaming PCs.

2. Ease of use - Consoles are set up by plugging them into an outlet, and plugging an HDMI cable into a TV. The games play by putting a disc in and hitting yes till it works. Device drivers, patches, bug fixes, none of these are issues on consoles. while these are very easy things to deal with if you know how, many people would rather avoid the issue altogether.

3. Graphics - You can argue about this one, but people aren't flocking to the stores for the new madden because of all the new features in franchise mode (Madden has actually been gutting franchise mode over the last few installments, regularly removing features), they're buying it because it's new, and it's shiny, and it's better looking than ever before.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#28DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/8/2013 4:29:30 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
It's better with the consoles having GCN rather than Kepler, that might prompt features like PRT being used in PC games as well

Doesn't Kepler have an identical feature?
I know it had a bunch of new texture handling features exclusive to OpenGL.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#29kobalobasileusPosted 9/8/2013 4:37:37 PM
If Sony pulled a $599 US DOLLARS move again, they'd be laughed out of the console business. MS is pushing it with that mandatory Kinect driving up the price of the Xbone. We'll have to see if FPS fanboys are gullible enough to buy the Xbone at its premium pricing AND pay for Live Gold. I don't think very highly of Xbox fans, but I don't think they're actually THAT stupid.
#30MasterDonGeroPosted 9/8/2013 4:42:30 PM
xavieris1984 posted...
hey master your a ******idiot.

Hehehe.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom