This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V shouldn't even come to PC.

#11NingishzidaPosted 9/8/2013 5:37:31 PM
DerPancake posted...
Just let this thread die,

no
#12BogePosted 9/8/2013 5:39:04 PM
DerPancake posted...
We don't need another mindless violent game, where your objective is to kill/commit crimes because you are a criminal and you have no reason other than just to be an ass. I mean its not just about being violent, Battlefield, CoD, Counter-strike you kill terrorists to defend your country but in GTA you are killing people from your own country whats up with that??

This is the exact reason why I've always had issues getting into the GTA games. I can't relate to the characters when they just cause crimes just because someone thought it would be fun to do that in a game. Give me a story behind the character, one I can relate to, like Walter White from Breaking Bad, or Dexter Morgan from Dexter.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#13OEIO999Posted 9/8/2013 5:39:33 PM
DerPancake posted...
We don't need another mindless violent game, where your objective is to kill/commit crimes because you are a criminal and you have no reason other than just to be an ass. I mean its not just about being violent, Battlefield, CoD, Counter-strike you kill terrorists to defend your country but in GTA you are killing people from your own country whats up with that??

Go back to TLoU board!!! You Play-station lover, you.
#14DerPancake(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 5:45:24 PM(edited)
Boge posted...

This is the exact reason why I've always had issues getting into the GTA games. I can't relate to the characters when they just cause crimes just because someone thought it would be fun to do that in a game. Give me a story behind the character, one I can relate to, like Walter White from Breaking Bad, or Dexter Morgan from Dexter.

I agree thats the reason GTA IV is actually the best in the series, Niko actually has personality and he does everything for a reason.

OEIO999 posted...

Go back to TLoU board!!! You Play-station lover, you.

?????
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#15Lonestar2000Posted 9/8/2013 7:05:03 PM
Great, another brilliant topic from DerpPancake.
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#16Fade2black001Posted 9/8/2013 7:14:50 PM
DerpCake is the sensible one of this board. Do not hate him for what he believes in. Mindless senseless violence is always fun and I enjoy it a lot as well. As a question to you Mr. Pancake. Do you do this on the console boards as well? Or is it just here? Ok that's two questions but still.

DerPancake is the voice of reason on this board but even thought I disagree with on just about everything. Its good to see this board getting another perspective on things.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#17Super_Thug44Posted 9/8/2013 7:27:32 PM
Fade2black001 posted...
DerpCake is the sensible one of this board. Do not hate him for what he believes in. Mindless senseless violence is always fun and I enjoy it a lot as well. As a question to you Mr. Pancake. Do you do this on the console boards as well? Or is it just here? Ok that's two questions but still.

DerPancake is the voice of reason on this board but even thought I disagree with on just about everything. Its good to see this board getting another perspective on things.

Yes, because his perspective is so fresh and original. Pancake is one of the great minds of today's world.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Currently watching: Breaking Bad, Fringe
#18MasterDonGeroPosted 9/8/2013 7:29:49 PM
Fade2black001 posted...

Pretty sure that he's a she.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#19jake-sfPosted 9/8/2013 7:35:21 PM
Well, it IS the reason I think the games are unnattractive as all hell to me. When I heard of Sleeping Dogs, all I heard was GTA clone, didn't look back for a while, but when I did, I realized you played a cop. That made it a lot more appealing, somehow.

Its strange how I tend to utterly dislike playing the bad guy, or being evil if its a choice in certain games. I mean, its just a game, but it still makes me dislike it anyway.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#20KidInTheHallPosted 9/8/2013 7:37:18 PM
I'm super excited for GTA V. I even got DV8 to agree to pick it up on the 360 so we can play golf, tennis and do yoga.

Plus do some shark hunting.

WHEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
---
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750