This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V release strategies really work?

#1luigi33Posted 9/9/2013 1:33:38 AM
The "lets release PC version X months after consoles". Does that even work? I can imagine PC gamers being bitter as **** by the time it releases and pirating the hell out of it.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
Steam ID: xcyper33
#2SteamsterPosted 9/9/2013 1:34:54 AM
Why the hell would I care?

I'm a PC gamer - an adult. I can defer gratification. I can play a hundred other games. I can deal with it.
#3GrabacrLeaderPosted 9/9/2013 1:39:49 AM
People that want to play GTA that bad probably already own a console.
#4ItaSouljahPosted 9/9/2013 1:43:49 AM(edited)
double edged sword. On one side if they release it on PC same time as consoles they miss out on those who double dip.

On the other edge it makes PC gamers angry that they have to wait so they won't support Rockstar when they finally release it hence pirating giving Rockstar a bigger incentive to just never release it on PC.

As they are a company they want to be as profitable as possible releasing on console first is a good marketing strategy make people buy top dollar for their product while its fresh while making maybe 25% - 50% of us who own both console and PC buy it on console first then purchase again on PC release.

If you were a company would you release your product on a system when piracy is rampant and uncontrollable? Hence not making as much profit as possible?
#5Mangorush-VPosted 9/9/2013 2:39:32 AM
Steamster posted...
Why the hell would I care?

I'm a PC gamer - a man child. I can defer gratification. I can play a hundred other games. I can deal with it.

Fix that for ya.
---
XBL: Mangorush V
PSN: Mangorush-V
#6QUIKPosted 9/9/2013 2:47:49 AM
My problem is that i will have to pay for the game twice. Once to play on my brothers PS3 and than another time to play on PC...i think my graphics card is 4x better than a PS3 and it will look great on PC... Ps3 is just so old already...
#7BrutaI_DeluxePosted 9/9/2013 2:51:00 AM
Common strategy.
You can mod the PC version of it.
So by releasing it on consoles only, you're hoping people will buy it twice over. Once for the console version and once on the PC to get more life from it.
Scumbag tactic but most of us know it and won't be falling for it.
#8johnny_payPosted 9/9/2013 4:48:37 AM
piracy is rampant on the 360
#9Mangorush-VPosted 9/9/2013 4:53:53 AM
johnny_pay posted...
piracy is rampant on the 360

Not compared to the PC it isn't.
---
XBL: Mangorush V
PSN: Mangorush-V
#10snesmaster40Posted 9/9/2013 5:02:55 AM
It's not a bad thing as the console players will be beta testing the game so we'll get an enhanced version. A good example is State of Decay. The PC version will have all the fixes the Xbox version has recieved so far.
---
Are we not men?