This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V release strategies really work?

#11Ch3wyPosted 9/9/2013 5:10:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12Madmicky933Posted 9/9/2013 5:22:34 AM
Ch3wy posted...
It's gonna be a terrible port so I doubt I'm even getting it on PC. Definitely not through legal means.

The strategy works though. Gamers will complain about things but they'll still support poor practice like this with their wallet no problem.

Max Payne 3 was beautifully optioned for PC.
I believe all Rockstar North games will be that way from here on on PC.
---
Karma... Is a powerful force..
#13Ch3wyPosted 9/9/2013 5:32:34 AM
Madmicky933 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
It's gonna be a terrible port so I doubt I'm even getting it on PC. Definitely not through legal means.

The strategy works though. Gamers will complain about things but they'll still support poor practice like this with their wallet no problem.

Max Payne 3 was beautifully optioned for PC.
I believe all Rockstar North games will be that way from here on on PC.

I hope you're right but so much more can go wrong with optimization with an open world game.

I remember they were bragging about how terrible they did with GTAIV, saying it would take powerful computers from 10 years in the future to run it maxed out. And the game doesn't even have any anti-aliasing.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14KOTRwhoopsPosted 9/9/2013 5:49:28 AM
GrabacrLeader posted...
People that want to play GTA that bad probably already own a console.

Yep, and I'm one of them.
---
PLAYING - Final Fantasy XIV (PC), Shadow of the Colossus (PS3), Metro LL (PC)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII, FFX/X-2 HD
#15heeeee1eeeeePosted 9/9/2013 7:33:19 AM
No steam no buy.
---
Who Need's A SigNaTuRe !
#16MUD VIPERPosted 9/9/2013 8:06:33 AM
Not compared to the PC it isn't.

Actually I would gauge that it is. Course you have to consider that in order to pirate games on a 360 or PS3 then those systems need to be modded and thats something becoming incredibly easy for the "casual" gamer. Hell the small town I live in there is group who offers this service and advertise just by word of mouth. Bigger cities they probably advertise in the newspapers :D

Point is R* makes more money on the consoles which allows them to ignore the pirated numbers, then act surprised when they release a pc version damn near six months later that gets pirated a lot.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.
#17SinisterSlayPosted 9/9/2013 8:09:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#18overkillwfo1978Posted 9/9/2013 8:53:43 AM
ItaSouljah posted...
double edged sword. On one side if they release it on PC same time as consoles they miss out on those who double dip.

On the other edge it makes PC gamers angry that they have to wait so they won't support Rockstar when they finally release it hence pirating giving Rockstar a bigger incentive to just never release it on PC.

R* knows people will whine and complain but when it comes down to it, nearly ALL of the whiners will pony up the cash for both versions. They are a giant and they can do as they wish get away with it. That's the perks of developing the most anticipated game of the generation. You can screw people over and they just deal with it.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#19SolidManifestPosted 9/9/2013 8:54:02 AM
Steamster posted...
Why the hell would I care?

I'm a PC gamer - an adult. I can defer gratification. I can play a hundred other games. I can deal with it.

Kellen Winslow if he was a PC gamer.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell