This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do PC gamers strict themselves to PC-only?

#141kjhoveyPosted 9/9/2013 9:38:05 PM
Ningishzida posted...
kjhovey posted...
Only one I can think of that takes time to adjust to is the N64.

why, because of teh Z trigger lol?

Nah, just the different ways of holding it lol. Also, the analog stick is atrocious on that thing. Ever tried playing Goldeneye after not playing for years? It's so hard to aim fluently haha.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#142JonWood007Posted 9/9/2013 9:50:58 PM
1) Overwhelming majority of games I'm interested in are on PC.

2) The console exclusives I am interested are distributed among different consoles and there's no point in spending the money and investing in an entire different machine I'd only use for a very small selection of games.

3) I don't like the console business model any more. Closed systems, fees for online play, etc.

4) While this may not be an issue early on into the next gen's lifespan...I get...annoyed when I play console games. Like, I look at the low resolutions, the lack of AA, the framerate dips, the control scheme....and I just think, gee, I wish this game were on PC. It would be 100x better if it were on PC. Playing a game on a console nowadays is reminiscient of watching a movie on VHS.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#143NingishzidaPosted 9/9/2013 9:57:29 PM
kjhovey posted...
Nah, just the different ways of holding it lol. Also, the analog stick is atrocious on that thing. Ever tried playing Goldeneye after not playing for years? It's so hard to aim fluently haha.

GoldenEye and Perfect Dark were always a joke to me. The design was good, but the extremely low and inconsistent framerates (7-18fps) along with 120p-like fidelity made them pale in comparison to what the PC offered.

They also disgusted me to no end because that's when consoles obnoxiously embraced the genre and the lowly peasantry caste solidified, bringing an incurably bad taste and low expectations of fidelity, framerate and eventually the genre as a whole.
#144Mr kittyPosted 9/9/2013 10:32:08 PM
You will notice often PC gamer who restrict themselves only to PC doesn't even have a good PC to start with. :)

At the moment I'm only playing on my PC because it's the end of the console cycle, but I will have my fun with the newer system when it will come out. There's more people online to play with on consoles. :)
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|10TB storage|Silent Pro M1000W|TC-32LZ800|Corsair 800D
#145Flaktrooper123Posted 9/9/2013 10:55:53 PM
I own a 3DS, and old DS as well. I also still have the old NES and Sega Genesis.
#146Lum_YatsuraPosted 9/9/2013 11:19:36 PM
Ningishzida posted...
kjhovey posted...

GoldenEye and Perfect Dark were always a joke to me. The design was good, but the extremely low and inconsistent framerates (7-18fps) along with 120p-like fidelity made them pale in comparison to what the PC offered.

They also disgusted me to no end because that's when consoles obnoxiously embraced the genre and the lowly peasantry caste solidified, bringing an incurably bad taste and low expectations of fidelity, framerate and eventually the genre as a whole.

That's the purpose of consoles. They're marketed for users who are interested in a low fidelity closed environment.

Opening them up to resemble PC more, completely misses the point.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#147NingishzidaPosted 9/10/2013 12:33:25 AM
Lum_Yatsura posted...
completely misses the point.

self-commentary
#148S0ul_Th13fPosted 9/10/2013 9:15:46 AM
Consoles kinda left players like me in the dust...

Someone somewhere said that without Game Shark, Action Replay and the like, consoles might not be as popular today.

---
"Everything's for sale my friend, everything. If I had a sister, I'd sell her in a second" - Many merchants in Skyrim.
#149JKatarnPosted 9/10/2013 9:43:18 AM
Mr kitty posted...
You will notice often PC gamer who restrict themselves only to PC doesn't even have a good PC to start with. :)

At the moment I'm only playing on my PC because it's the end of the console cycle, but I will have my fun with the newer system when it will come out. There's more people online to play with on consoles. :)

Yes, because it makes perfect sense that someone who doesn't have a console and ONLY plays on the PC would be using a low-end laptop to game....logic isn't your strong suit, is it?
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#150NingishzidaPosted 9/10/2013 9:44:10 AM
JKatarn posted...
logic isn't your strong suit, is it?

pot, kettle black