This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do PC gamers strict themselves to PC-only?

#151Majoras_pantsPosted 9/10/2013 9:44:49 AM
I own a Wii, 360 and PS3.

I don't use them but I own them.
#152JKatarnPosted 9/10/2013 9:48:55 AM
S0ul_Th13f posted...
Consoles kinda left players like me in the dust...

Someone somewhere said that without Game Shark, Action Replay and the like, consoles might not be as popular today.

Um, no, consoles are popular because they are are an affordable, simple (console handles all updates etc. it needs automatically) interface for playing games. People like the standardization and the ability to just pop in a game disc and let the system handle things without having to worry about BIOS/driver updates, workaround for bugs (though that is an advantage of PCs, as with a buggy console game, players are left twiddling their thumbs waiting for the devs to patch the problem, whereas there's the possibility of a playerbase fix/workaround on the PC) etc. Even though most modern computing is relatively simple, many people would still prefer not to have to deal with computer issues to play a game (just like many people pay for oil changes when they could do it themselves easily), and I can understand that.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#153therickmu25Posted 9/10/2013 9:51:13 AM
I havent turned on my Xbox in 8 months.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg
#154sonicteam2k1Posted 9/10/2013 9:51:38 AM
Lum_Yatsura posted...
That's the purpose of consoles. They're marketed for users who are interested in a low fidelity closed environment.

Opening them up to resemble PC more, completely misses the point.

actually they're marketed for users who are interested in pick up and play. It's just a coincidence that the hardware isn't up to snuff. In the future it will start to change. Won't ever pass up PC gaming because of the customization.

Until consoles allow that, PC's will always be ahead.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#155JKatarnPosted 9/10/2013 10:17:55 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Lum_Yatsura posted...
That's the purpose of consoles. They're marketed for users who are interested in a low fidelity closed environment.

actually they're marketed for users who are interested in pick up and play. It's just a coincidence that the hardware isn't up to snuff. In the future it will start to change. Won't ever pass up PC gaming because of the customization.

As much as I love PC gaming, gaming PC hardware/software sales are likely always going to be dwarfed by console related sales, one is a relative niche and the other is a massive market. That is not to say that PC gaming doesn't have a fairly healthy market, but let's not kid ourselves.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#156Majoras_pantsPosted 9/10/2013 2:51:07 PM
JKatarn posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Lum_Yatsura posted...

As much as I love PC gaming, gaming PC hardware/software sales are likely always going to be dwarfed by console related sales, one is a relative niche and the other is a massive market. That is not to say that PC gaming doesn't have a fairly healthy market, but let's not kid ourselves.

He meant in terms of quality.