This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do PC gamers strict themselves to PC-only?

#31LoshadtPosted 9/9/2013 5:08:11 AM
I'm nR0N1N187 posted...
No one on this board talks about playing on the console... and whenever some does make a console topic, its always "PC MASTER RAAACCE!"

That might have something to do with it being the PC board.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#32jZangetsu21Posted 9/9/2013 5:11:47 AM
A lot of pc gamers (like myself) have consoles too.

It's just the elitists who have to cry out PC Master Race and PC is the best in order to compensate for something else with their huge cases and graphics cards (if you know what I mean)
#33KCGeminiPosted 9/9/2013 5:12:58 AM
For TC: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67193109
You're welcome.
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#34End0r_ResidentPosted 9/9/2013 5:21:01 AM
I would not say that this is the case for everybody, I enjoy games on both console and PC. The main thing going for the PC for me is the superiority of all FPS's due the the amount of control with a mouse. Consoles will never match FPS's on the PC, controllers are just far too clunky.
---
3DS FC; 4441-8965-9245
#35jZangetsu21Posted 9/9/2013 5:23:40 AM
End0r_Resident posted...
I would not say that this is the case for everybody, I enjoy games on both console and PC. The main thing going for the PC for me is the superiority of all FPS's due the the amount of control with a mouse. Consoles will never match FPS's on the PC, controllers are just far too clunky.

Definitely, I used to be really good with a controller but you have to practice all the time, if you skip a week or 2, you lose the feel for it.

Although I don't play many FPS games, PC's are better for them and for MMO's I think. Oh and definitely for RTS.
#36AJKirchner88Posted 9/9/2013 5:27:26 AM
While I like my PC more, I have a Wii U and I used to have a PS3 till my daughter shoved a bunch of stuff in the disc tray and busted it. I also love my 3DS and DS lite. Out of all my consoles, I definitely love my handheld the most.
#37xfri123Posted 9/9/2013 5:30:00 AM
Let them be. They can't play all games they want.
---
Lets Play :D
#38PraetorXynPosted 9/9/2013 5:35:42 AM
I gave up consoles because (aside from Nintendo consoles) they no longer offer a substantially different lineup of games than what's available to me on PC. The PS2 generation was the last generation where that was the case.

Most of Sony's exclusives really don't interest me, all of Uncharted and TLoU are basically interactive movies with lots of QTE's, though admittedly TLoU isn't as bad for it as Uncharted.

I have no interest in Halo or Gears because they're console shooters.

On top of this, I have far more games on PC than I have time to play, so there really isn't a point in my owning a console.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#39AsucaHayashiPosted 9/9/2013 5:40:37 AM
have you seen this yet TC?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67193109

it's not PC gamers that restrict themselves to PCs that's the problem... it's console gamers restricting themselves to consoles(yet pretend they know everything about PC gaming).
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#40Syco ClownPosted 9/9/2013 5:42:00 AM
Title is a massive incorrect generalisation.

I am a PC gamer, I also have a Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 on order, and many older systems.

People need to drop the system title and just stick to "gamer", because if you a true gamer your gaming would not be restricted to one system. You should grab the system that has the games you want, not the games that are on the system you want.

Don't worry about everyone else, just get what you can afford. It is understandable for younger people to stick to one system and become defensive about it, but once you have a job and can afford other systems the whole "this system is better" favouritism is moot.
---
Obscure Creations