This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do PC gamers strict themselves to PC-only?

#71WinterKitsunePosted 9/9/2013 8:51:52 AM
Because it's less work to just double click an exe to play different games rather than getting up, getting the game, putting the other in the right case, sitting back down, waiting for it to load up. I want to play TF2? Double click. I want to play some Total War after? Double click.

I have some consoles but... that's primarily why I stick to my PC. It's just so much more convenient Well, among many other reasons. A couple exclusives on a console? I have to be REALLY in the mood for it, since I'm not gonna buy an HD TV when I have an HD monitor to console game so I need to switch out the HDMI from my pc to the console which is another hassle.

Handhelds though are golden.
---
To see if a normal person is still alive you check for a pulse. For a gamer you check for a complaint.
- Something Positive
#72MT_TRAEHPosted 9/9/2013 8:56:46 AM
I WANT A CONSOLE! im just not able to buy any console
---
Misha > Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Shizune > Emi
#73MaximoomPosted 9/9/2013 8:58:11 AM
PC + 3DS for me.
#74SlaynPosted 9/9/2013 8:58:40 AM
Kokuei05 posted...
Why do console gamers strict themselves to console only?

They cannot afford a good gaming PC. You can tell the console peasant by their "can I run Skyrim on my $300 laptop my mommy bought me three years ago?" threads. Spot em a mile away...
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#75El_KazPosted 9/9/2013 8:59:20 AM
I have a 360, but it's only purpose in the past year or two has been as an HTPC...
---
Wait... what?
#76bashirdrPosted 9/9/2013 9:00:15 AM
We have a Wii, but it's basically a Netflix/Hulu box.

I game exclusively on PC. I am going to have a PC no matter what, for all those PC tasks that people do. I may as well spend a little extra and buy a gaming-capable one. I get great framerates, mods access, game selection is fine, I prefer keyboard+mouse but can use a controller when I really need. And I don't hog the TV when I play (or need an extra TV).

I don't judge people who play on consoles. Hopefully they don't judge me for believing that PC-exclusive is the right choice for my situation.
#771618dudePosted 9/9/2013 9:09:57 AM
But I do have a console... I only use to play exclusives though. I'm not going to say that I hate console gaming, but I don't like it. I don't really see many good things in consoles, but some of the exclusives games are good enough, so it is fine sometimes.
#78sonicteam2k1Posted 9/9/2013 9:25:16 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
The majority of PC gamers have a console as well. Not sure why you thought different.

---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#79GangekiPosted 9/9/2013 9:36:40 AM
I only have consoles for the few exclusives I like, for everything else I have PC.
#80maybecallsPosted 9/9/2013 9:36:51 AM
I only require one gaming machine, and I need a PC anyway, so I might as well use a gaming PC. Which is what I have.