This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do PC gamers strict themselves to PC-only?

#81Immortal_MooPosted 9/9/2013 8:37:34 AM
ATARIJAWA posted...
The majority of PC gamers have a console as well. Not sure why you thought different.

---
Steam/origin/PSN/Wiiu- theimmortalmoo | i7 3770k 4.4ghz | GTX 780 | 16GB Gskill | 1200w PSU | 3 HDD 1 SSD 256 | Maximus V Formula |
#82SirisS-G-PPosted 9/9/2013 8:39:38 AM
I only have a PC, and it offers all I need. I also have a hard time playing FPS games with a controller.
#83BogePosted 9/9/2013 8:41:12 AM
I think PC gamers just know that PCs are the better experience, so we sort of hack on the consoles. Consoles are awesome. I've loved my consoles since the beginning and have always had one along with a PC. They provide different gaming experiences and I desire both. However, between a multiplatform game, PC wins 99% of the time. I think that's all PC gamers really are trying to say. PCs are the superior system and anyone that disagrees is just ignorant and hasn't had the proper PC experience.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#84JKatarnPosted 9/9/2013 8:45:47 AM
WinterKitsune posted...
Because it's less work to just double click an exe to play different games rather than getting up, getting the game, putting the other in the right case, sitting back down, waiting for it to load up. I want to play TF2? Double click. I want to play some Total War after? Double click.

I have some consoles but... that's primarily why I stick to my PC. It's just so much more convenient Well, among many other reasons. A couple exclusives on a console? I have to be REALLY in the mood for it, since I'm not gonna buy an HD TV when I have an HD monitor to console game so I need to switch out the HDMI from my pc to the console which is another hassle.

Handhelds though are golden.

In fairness, is standing up periodically and walking a few feet really that big of a deal? Also, the 360/PS3 both offer digital versions of many of their titles which would eliminate the disc swapping argument. Also, they make these things called AV switches.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#85CallmegePosted 9/9/2013 9:09:49 AM
Uh....I've been a PC gamer since the early-90s, I've also owned at least one console from each generation since then.

Sometimes I just want to stick the disc in and slob out on the sofa, other times I want to be on the edge of my seat, my nose an inch from the screen, my finger hovering tentatively over the left click on my mouse and BOOM HEADSHOT

Also, there are some seriously amazing exclusives on console like the Uncharted series which will never come to PC.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#86SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/9/2013 9:22:15 AM
See, the thing is, I understand the "comfy couch gaming mentality". I just realize that handhelds are better suited for it than consoles.

Except of course for couch co-op. Consoles will always be better for that. Unfortunately, most developers are abandoning it.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#87GoIrish80Posted 9/9/2013 9:40:57 AM
This the dumbest ****ing topic on this board. And that's saying a lot.

Compare how many PC Gamers also own consoles vs how many Console Gamers also consistently game on PC.

I know which group has more people. By a long shot.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#88sa2bmasterPosted 9/9/2013 9:57:25 AM
I don't but that's mainly because consoles have better exclusives than pc, and my pc just has an integrated graphics card. I'd also say most pc gamers don't restrict themselves, they just play consoles less because their rig runs games better than the console version, and they can get the same game for $20 cheaper not long after the game comes out.

I also know some console gamers who have no idea what Steam is.I'd also say that a majority of console players who play console more hardly ever play pc games just because they don't want to build a pc (I'll certainly never do it, too much of a hassle for me, if I ever get the money I'll be buying an alienware that can be upgraded) or spend a ton on a pre-made gaming rig.
#89Mangorush-VPosted 9/9/2013 9:58:33 AM
Sold my gaming PC and game on console and handheld exclusively, haven't looked back since and happy with the choice I've made.
---
XBL: Mangorush V
PSN: Mangorush-V
#90SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/9/2013 10:07:45 AM(edited)
sa2bmaster posted...
I don't but that's mainly because consoles have better exclusives than pc, and my pc just has an integrated graphics card. I'd also say most pc gamers don't restrict themselves, they just play consoles less because their rig runs games better than the console version, and they can get the same game for $20 cheaper not long after the game comes out.

I also know some console gamers who have no idea what Steam is.I'd also say that a majority of console players who play console more hardly ever play pc games just because they don't want to build a pc (I'll certainly never do it, too much of a hassle for me, if I ever get the money I'll be buying an alienware that can be upgraded) or spend a ton on a pre-made gaming rig.

I have yet to play a console exclusive that is better than Civ4/Col or Civ5, and I've been gaming since '89.

Seriously. I have a backlog of over 20 console games that I look at on my shelf, and then I say screw it and start up a game of Civ.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch