This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best use of PhysX

#11godplaysSNESPosted 9/9/2013 10:41:27 AM
Whichever game in which it didn't kill the framerate
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#12dekouPosted 9/9/2013 11:18:11 AM
youshallbeasgod posted...
Now THIS is impressive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WZZARzpckw

Note that while that demo was running on a single GTX 580, it doesn't have anything but some water and a few simple, textureless meshes. I highly doubt it would run well on any modern machine if you added a decent 3D background.
#13SmakkyofacePosted 9/9/2013 11:21:22 AM
The bureau and Planetside 2 have awesome physx effects. I played them on my desktop first with physx on and whenever I play on my laptop, it feels fake without physx on.
---
Xbox Live / PSN / Steam: Smakkyoface
i7 3770k @ 4.66ghz, 24GB DDR3 1600, Evga Gtx 670 FTW.
#14kill2this(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 1:49:38 PM
godplaysSNES posted...

PhysX isn't making any of the games I've played with it drop below 60fps, technically I suppose without it the framerate might be 70+ but I'm none the wiser on a 60hz screen.
I can only assume your speaking about PhysX on an underpowered card?
#15ZukkusPosted 9/9/2013 1:54:29 PM
I thought it was really good in Mafia 2. There's one mission where you and some guys go shoot up an old bar and I swear the level was made just for showing off PhysX, because it has wood splintering and windows shattering and all of that.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#16CC RicersPosted 9/9/2013 2:20:05 PM
Can PhysX still run pretty well if you don't have an NVidia card? I had to install it for Mirror's Edge and I need my i5 CPU to handle it.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#17DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/9/2013 2:31:25 PM
godplaysSNES posted...

Basically all of them since Fermi?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#18SinisterSlayPosted 9/9/2013 2:37:51 PM
CC Ricers posted...
Can PhysX still run pretty well if you don't have an NVidia card? I had to install it for Mirror's Edge and I need my i5 CPU to handle it.

My i7 and 560m can't handle the physx in mirrors edge.
When the glass breaks, my framerate plummets. And since it doesn't clean up for awhile, it keeps plummeting until it's a slideshow.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence