This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mini ITX builds are harder than they look.

#1CC RicersPosted 9/9/2013 8:45:38 AM
I just built a computer with this kind of mobo and a Bitfenix Prodigy, getting everything put in its place is tricky as hell. It's roomy for a mITX board, but that cases loses points in cable management. My last ATX case does a better job and that case is from 2002.

I still like mini ITX, though. For most people ATX is overkill unless you really want to use 3 or 4 graphics cards, or make a serious workstation with lots of connectivity, and micro ATX would be the sweet spot to have.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#2RavenoussdPosted 9/9/2013 9:53:36 AM
i like to have atx

i like to think everything is more spread out...makes for better cooling/air flow?
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#3CC Ricers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 9:57:38 AM
Ravenoussd posted...
i like to have atx

i like to think everything is more spread out...makes for better cooling/air flow?

Yeah, that is definitely the advantage of roomy cases. The Prodigy and Mini Cube have good airflow for their size, though. For me I just wanted to downsize my PC, and now hate that BitFenix just announced the new Prodigy M. lol I might be switching the mobo and case again when it comes out.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#4CardigansFanPosted 9/9/2013 11:00:33 AM
CC Ricers posted...
micro ATX would be the sweet spot to have.

That's what I think. I wanted to do miniITX build for a while but eventually decided that microATX would be better for a few reasons - seemingly wider case selection, ability to add 3-wide graphics cards and sound cards and other expansion cards, four DIMM slots, usually better airflow, and still small in size if you find the right case.
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
Nexus 4 16GB White * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77
#5BogePosted 9/9/2013 11:15:25 AM
I have an NZXT Vulcan microAtx case. It's pretty good. I'll probably be sticking with it for quite a while unless the tech gets really small really fast so I could easily go with a mini ITX.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#6dobby245Posted 9/9/2013 11:31:59 AM
I have the prodigy, its a good case but if you think its tricky to build with, try the Silverstone SG05 ( what I used to have), that thing could be a right PITA sometimes.