This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

where can I get a burning/mounting utility that doesn't have malware?

#1TeremeiPosted 9/9/2013 9:14:20 AM
tried daemon tools and had to restore my PC, searched a bit on cnet and the one with the highest ranking (was still only 3.5 stars) first review mentioned malware.

I don't know where to go to trust if I can't trust cnet then where do I get it? I don't mind paying $29.99 I just need to know who to trust. I would think to trust Nero but I don't know which is their official webpage. Can someone please help?
---
last $$: SMTIV, M&L: DT :: Playing: M&L DT
Kinect basic features behind paywall was the final straw, hi PS4!
#2ShubPosted 9/9/2013 9:15:38 AM
For burning, use Imgburn - http://www.imgburn.com/
For mounting, I like WinCDEmu - http://wincdemu.sysprogs.org/
Both are free.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 9:18:48 AM
ok thank you I'm trusting you man. ::stares::
---
#4AllHailTheDead6Posted 9/9/2013 9:25:26 AM
damn you are going to have a lot more trouble if this is already a problem for you
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#5MasterDonGeroPosted 9/9/2013 9:26:00 AM
My Daemon Tools never gave me malware. You just have to watch where you're downloading it from and make sure you don't agree to install the other crap.
---
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom
#6Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 9:38:00 AM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
damn you are going to have a lot more trouble if this is already a problem for you

thank you for your help sir.
---
#7MaximoomPosted 9/9/2013 9:45:58 AM
I use a free version of Ultraiso.

It does what i need, mounting isos into virtual drives, soo i can install things without having to burn to cds/dvds. Since my dvd player havent working properly in quite some time and i have no intentions on buying a new one.
#8xKynOxPosted 9/9/2013 9:46:39 AM
imgburn for burning.
LCISOCreator for making .iso
VirtualCloneDrive for mounting
#9JKatarnPosted 9/9/2013 9:52:28 AM
Any reputable download site? I have used several burning suites over the years and have not gotten malware - don't download things from the first random site that comes up in google and you'll be fine. Also, don't just click through installers, be sure you uncheck the toolbar install options they try to slip in there sometimes (though even those won't cause you to have to re-install your OS unless your OS is already unstable for other misc. reasons/other malware).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#10Shark_LaserPosted 9/9/2013 9:54:11 AM
I second Virtual CloneDrive. It's free and lightweight.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/virtual-clonedrive.html
---
Look at yourself in the mirror, and tell me what a man is without pride. Tell me what a man is without fire in his eyes. Tell me who the f*** you are.