This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mechanical keyboard question...Corsair K70 vs. Deck Keyboard

#1MonkeymagePosted 9/9/2013 11:31:00 AM
So feature-wise, the Corsair seems a lot better, and it's cheaper to boot.

Would there be any real reason to get the Deck over the Corsair. I was originally leaning towards the Deck because of the removable chassis, I was going to paint it white to have it fit in with the rest of my setup.

Really the only thing keeping me from getting the K70 is the silver/aluminum base and the blue backlights. I really wish they would offer one with white backlights instead.

First world problems, I know.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#2MaKhaosPosted 9/9/2013 11:36:45 AM
WASD Code has white backlight. CM Storm Quickfire XT are all available now.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#3ArsenicOverlordPosted 9/9/2013 11:39:21 AM
For custom paint jobs, I think people like CM QuickFire Rapid because CM sells the top chassis separately at $10 so you can really go crazy experimenting and stuff.

No backlight or numkeypad though, so it might not suit you.
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11
#4_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/9/2013 12:36:46 PM
ArsenicOverlord posted...
For custom paint jobs, I think people like CM QuickFire Rapid because CM sells the top chassis separately at $10 so you can really go crazy experimenting and stuff.

No backlight or numkeypad though, so it might not suit you.

I second this.

Some people really like thier backlights though. For me personally, it is pretty much a useless feature. How often are you really looking at your keyboard? Most of the time it is just a distracting glow beneath your monitor. I also think that legends are more easily readable when they are simply a contrasting color to the keycap. Even in low light conditions. I find glowing legends to be not so easy on the eye. Black/grey legends on white keycaps remains the most easily readible that I have seen. Unless in pitch dark of course.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#5ArsenicOverlordPosted 9/9/2013 1:04:04 PM
^^^ yeah, I hear ya. If I were to get a backlit mechanical keyboard, I'm getting a Ducky Shine 3. For me, backlit keyboard is more about bling than any practical purposes, and if I'm going for bling, I might as well go all the way, you know what I mean? :D
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em??
Happy user of PowerFAQs 1.11
#6Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 3:29:39 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about the Ducky brand, but Ducky Shine 3s are ugly.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#7Jesse7777Posted 9/9/2013 7:14:12 PM
Deck legend has the best quality, spacing, and backlighting I have ever experienced in regards to a keyboard.
#8Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/9/2013 7:16:08 PM
Just get the $25 mouse and keyboard logitech combo at Wal-Mart, don't believe the hype, it's all placebo, you can game like a champ on a tin can if you got the skill.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#9Monkeymage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 8:04:41 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Just get the $25 mouse and keyboard logitech combo at Wal-Mart, don't believe the hype, it's all placebo, you can game like a champ on a tin can if you got the skill.

Nah. I've been using a POS $10 keyboard I got from Target for the last few years, and I'm fed up with the cheapness, the mushy keys, and the idiotic "extra button" placement. The power button is right next to the enter key! That's idiotic design right thurr.

Anyway, I'd like to invest in something nicer.
---
#10DARQ MXPosted 9/13/2013 9:16:23 PM
You actually want an Alum base. The fact that the key can hit something solid when it is pressed very. Flexing to crappy plastic should be a big sell for you.
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS