This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I create an HTML page and save it?

#1GalaxyNexusPosted 9/9/2013 11:37:49 AM
My professor gave me an assignment but wasn't clear with the assignment. I need to make a social profile in HTML. I don't have a problem doing that, but what I want to know is where am I suppose to write the HTML code? In Wordpad? Notepad? I tried that and saved it as an HTML doc and when I open it, it just shows the code.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 9/9/2013 11:39:16 AM
I liked notepad ++ and primalscript
Textpad also works well.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3ShubPosted 9/9/2013 11:39:30 AM
HTML files are just text files, so yes, you can write them in something like Notepad.
Do you have Windows set to hide extensions for known file types? Because if you do (and that's how Windows behaves by default), you may have named your HTML file "something.html" but it's really named "something.html.txt" with the .txt hidden due to the aforementioned setting.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4ivanwind15Posted 9/9/2013 11:39:50 AM
Open it in your Web browser.
---
My gaming Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
#5GalaxyNexus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 11:45:36 AM
Shub posted...
HTML files are just text files, so yes, you can write them in something like Notepad.
Do you have Windows set to hide extensions for known file types? Because if you do (and that's how Windows behaves by default), you may have named your HTML file "something.html" but it's really named "something.html.txt" with the .txt hidden due to the aforementioned setting.

So how do I fix that? Do I write it in notepad++?

and I tried opening it in browser too and it just shows the text.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 9/9/2013 11:48:01 AM(edited)
GalaxyNexus posted...
Shub posted...

Google how to show file extensions on your computer.

Then, rename the extension to .html instead of .html.txt

I'm a little surprised your teacher didn't show you guys how to do this.
But you could always do it in dos.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7GalaxyNexus(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 11:51:11 AM(edited)
SinisterSlay posted...
GalaxyNexus posted...
Shub posted...

Google how to show file extensions on your computer.

Then, rename the extension to .html instead of .html.txt

I'm a little surprised your teacher didn't show you guys how to do this.
But you could always do it in dos.

Some college professors are really terrible, man. Thanks though! I'll give that a shot