This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do I disable this stupid feature on Windows 7? Google is useless

#1ghostly12Posted 9/9/2013 11:37:46 AM
Okay if you have a window open, left click on it and hold left click and move the mouse up. It should act like you right clicked on it and open the option menu. How do I disable that? At least 8/10 times when I click on steam to click on a chat window I bring up that stupid window and pin or unpin steam from my taskbar, or just flat out close steam entirely. I'm getting sick and tired of that. I've tested it, and maybe my mouse is just too high DPI but I can left click while moving up and it will always open the option menu, so I can't just not "hold" down when clicking. Surely there is a way to just disable that one feature isn't there?
---
i7 3770 || HAF X Blue ||Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS|| 16GB G-Skill DDR3-1866 || Vapor-X 7970 Ghz || 840 Pro 126GB || Corsair H100i || WD Black 1TB || SeaSonic 750W
#2SinisterSlayPosted 9/9/2013 11:38:47 AM
What?

Left and hold, then drag up moves the window upwards.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3hondaguy0110Posted 9/9/2013 11:40:32 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
What?

Left and hold, then drag up moves the window upwards.

---
AMD FX-8320 @ 4.6 1.44v | EVGA GTX 760 SC | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 256GB Samsung 840 | Asus M5A99FX
#4ghostly12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 11:43:31 AM(edited)
. . . How? I can move it left or right, but I can't bring the window above my task bar. I'd be fine with being able to drag the window above my task bar if it just didn't open that stupid option menu and close steam when I try to click on Steam to switch to the chat tab
---
i7 3770 || HAF X Blue ||Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS|| 16GB G-Skill DDR3-1866 || Vapor-X 7970 Ghz || 840 Pro 126GB || Corsair H100i || WD Black 1TB || SeaSonic 750W
#5Ch3wyPosted 9/9/2013 11:45:00 AM
Well you can either stop moving your mouse upwards so damn fast after you click it, or hover over instead of clicking it.

I have my doubts you can change the way it works but iuno.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 9/9/2013 11:45:32 AM
ghostly12 posted...
. . . How? I can move it left or right, but I can't bring the window above my task bar. I'd be fine with being able to drag the window above my task bar if it just didn't open that stupid option menu and close steam when I try to click on Steam to switch to the chat tab

Your task bar is in the middle of your screen?

I got mine in the middle and I can drag it over my taskbar no problem.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7jake-sfPosted 9/9/2013 11:52:39 AM
He IS talking about the task bar you dimwits... you click on something in it, hold and move the mouse up. The jump list menu opens.

Some select people have issues because they move the mouse erratically (they don't stop their movement to click), and that can have the effect of ending the click on "close" in the menu that opens, closing the program.

As for disabling it, I'm actually looking. Its hard to google that one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#8SinisterSlayPosted 9/9/2013 11:54:25 AM
jake-sf posted...
He IS talking about the task bar you dimwits... you click on something in it, hold and move the mouse up. The jump list menu opens.

Some select people have issues because they move the mouse erratically (they don't stop their movement to click), and that can have the effect of ending the click on "close" in the menu that opens, closing the program.

As for disabling it, I'm actually looking. Its hard to google that one.

Maybe turn off aero?

There might be a classid registry key you can edit to disable it, but it would be tough to find.
---
#9jake-sfPosted 9/9/2013 11:56:40 AM
Personally, got Aero turned off, and I'm using Classic Shell and 7 Taskbar Tweaker, everything to have a classic feel to my computer and remove every cumbersome feature. Nothing, anywhere, has an option to turn that specific feature off, as far as I can search.

While it doesn't affect me, its annoying that I can't find anything. My OCD would want it gone too, since I just don't use it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#10ghostly12(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 12:08:03 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Well you can either stop moving your mouse upwards so damn fast after you click it, or hover over instead of clicking it.

I have my doubts you can change the way it works but iuno.

Like I said, I've tried that, but I guess my DPI is too high, I have a 5600 DPI mouse IIRC. I click and then after my brain has registered my finger clicking I flick my wrist slightly to move the mouse and bring up that dumb window. On a slower mouse it's not a problem, but with mine I will open that window almost every time. And no, I don't want to lower my DPI, I like the speed normally.

I would turn off Aero but wouldn't that disable a LOT of features? I like most of them, it's just that click and drag up to bring up the options menu that I don't like or see the point of
---