This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This Sony event reminded me why I became a PC gamer.

#1TastyKittyMMMMPosted 9/9/2013 12:45:28 PM
It is sooo annoying having these semi-interesting titles and practically begging for them to be localized from the original Japanese. With PC gaming, 99% of titles are developed in English already, so the question becomes WHEN they're released and not IF.
#2Ch3wyPosted 9/9/2013 12:47:03 PM
99% of the titles are in English already because Japanese developers avoid PC like the plague.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 12:49:21 PM
Well, yeah. That's what I'm saying. I gladly sacrifice Japanese gaming (which is honestly stale these days ANYHOW) for Western indies. The only Japanese series I'd really defend to death anymore are Advance Wars and maybe Kirby.
#4pothocketPosted 9/9/2013 12:52:48 PM
Sooo.....you joined PC gaming to avoid titles you were interested in? Sounds about right.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5MonkeymagePosted 9/9/2013 12:57:25 PM
I think he's saying that he gave up on following console games when the titles he was interested in never came out for the US market.

If you follow PC gaming exclusively, it's far more likely that the titles you want will be available to you, or will be eventually.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#6TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 12:59:12 PM
Monkeymage posted...
I think he's saying that he gave up on following console games when the titles he was interested in never came out for the US market.

If you follow PC gaming exclusively, it's far more likely that the titles you want will be available to you, or will be eventually.

Maybe I didn't make that clear enough, but yeah. This is precisely what I meant.
#7Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 9/9/2013 1:10:06 PM
I feel the same way but haven't pulled myself away as you have. I still have a PS3 and Vita. I enjoy them but have given up on localization. Some companies just don't want to take the risk/put in the effort.

Having a gaming PC to count on is really awesome though. Don't have to worry about releases and can always look forward to insane sales.
#8AsucaHayashiPosted 9/9/2013 1:11:44 PM
don't know much about the japanese pc gaming scene but have you seen the release list?

they have an awful lot of titles that never make it over here and not just visual novels either or whatever.

for instance recettear took 3 years to get localized to english and that's just one drop in what's probably a big bucket by now.

of course, if you never hear about them i guess you're not missing much but still, i wonder how many gems there really are that we'll never get to see.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#9SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/9/2013 1:42:15 PM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
99% of the titles are in English already because Japanese developers avoid PC like the plague.

That trend is changing.

Capcom and SE have been doing PC for several years now, Konami and FROM SOFTWARE are just getting into it. Heck, Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 are coming to PC in English(actually they originated on PC).
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#10TastyKittyMMMM(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 1:57:05 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Ch3wy posted...

That trend is changing.

Capcom and SE have been doing PC for several years now, Konami and FROM SOFTWARE are just getting into it. Heck, Trails in the Sky 1 and 2 are coming to PC in English(actually they originated on PC).

Japanese fear of PC is slowly changing, yes. But that's one more platform to be annoyed by the lack of those titles getting localized. :P