This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy or Build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Buy or Build?

User Info: dakondakblade

dakondakblade
3 years ago#11
I built my first PC at 14 ( I'm 27 now ) so it's not as hard as you may think it is.

Research on what you are looking for ( or as people suggested; place your budgets/requirements here ) and then use http://pcpartpicker.com/ to " build " the pc.

It will tell you if anything is incompatible; and people here are definitely willing to help you fine tune your build and make it the best price for value.

Additionally; if you are " worried " about building the PC, just get all the parts and either ask your bro to do it and offer to buy him a beer or dinner or something; or go to your local small computer shop and they'll build it for you for $60 or so.

When I worked at a PC repair shop some people asked if they could come in on a slower day (typically mid week) to see how it's built.

If you can get that option from your bro or the PC store owner; I'd suggest taking advantage of it.

it's easy enough to build watching videos; but it's a more engaging experience if you watch someone build it next to you. ( and they can answer any questions you have )
Until you can stop death herself, I will ignore you like I would the ants beneath my feet
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Buy or Build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived