This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would connecting a printer to Google Cloud Print mess up its other network?

#1DoubleJ9Posted 9/9/2013 3:42:36 PM
I've been having problems with our printer at my office that's set to a wireless network and connected to my PC at my desk. For a few weeks now it just will not print, it will accept jobs and say that they are processing but nothing ever happens. My partner's computer is hooked to that printer also and it does the same for his. We've been using the newer printer so it's not a big deal but it just annoys me that I can't figure out what the problem is.

I was thinking about it on the way home today and remembered that I wanted to print a document from my Chromebook so I added the printer to the Google Cloud through Google Chrome and printed on it with my Chromebook. I haven't tried it since then and really haven't had the laptop on in the office since then. How likely is it that connecting the printer to Google Cloud screwed up the wireless network it was originally on? If this matters the printer is a HP Laserjet 4100N and is connected to a wireless router which from them sets up the network.

Thank you for your time.
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282
#2DoubleJ9(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 5:29:27 PM
*bump*
---
Open eyes are useless if the mind behind them is closed.
3DS FC: 3222-5762-5282