This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have room for another pair of RAM.

#1EpicKingdom_Posted 9/9/2013 5:33:32 PM
On my motherboard. I've had a pair of Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB & was just wondering if I should get another pair. (Same brand, same ram). Corsair Vengeance.

Overall, I'll have 16GB of RAM.

The reason I am interested is because when I bought the z77 mobo it came with a free Crucial Ballistix 8GB single stick but it doesn't go well with the other two, everything works fine on the desktop & while gaming but I get blue screens on restarts or shutdowns & I haven't had the issue since taking it out.

Although actually I just checked the stick & it's cheaper to pick up another one of those. So what say you?
---
i5-3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 16GB of RAM | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Fractal Design Define R4 case | 1080p.
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 9/9/2013 5:36:09 PM
Don't waste your time or money no reason.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 5:46:57 PM
You speak the truth yes?
---
i5-3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 16GB of RAM | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Fractal Design Define R4 case | 1080p.
#4HydroCannabinolPosted 9/9/2013 5:49:38 PM
For gaming it would make no difference. You can use the extra RAM to create a RAMdisk but whether you will use it or not is up to you...

You can also use the extra RAM if you want to run multiple VMs at once, or run CAD and 3d design programs.

For a standard gamer, it's a waste of money though. By the time games utilize over 8GB DDR4 will most likely be the standard. It'd be more worth your money to get really tight timings instead of more capacity but I wouldn't waste money on that either. xD
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil