This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having a MAJOR issue with my pc right now(HELP!!!!)

#1Ch33z_I_LuvPosted 9/9/2013 7:48:59 PM
I have a 120gb SSD and a 1tb hdd. I installed my os onto the SSD and put a few programs(steam/firefox/skype/zune) on there, with everything else on the hdd. Here's where the problem lies. My SSD is somehow out of memory. I have 0 bytes free for some reason. I don't know what's taking up so much space, but now since there's 0mb free I can't even uninstall anything.....

I've looked through everything on the ssd and there's no file large enough to alarm me. wtf is up guys?
#2davidaaronkPosted 9/9/2013 7:50:31 PM
if you put steam on it all of your games will be stored on it as well.

Use windirstat to see what's taking up all the space.
---
Steam ID = KatzDave (Add me!) Multi-player games below... (PC/DS/Wii)
AS,AT,AW,B,B+,BF2,BP,CSS,DDS,GW,L4D,L4D2, MK,MiB,PHG,PPT,PVK,RFG,SC,SF4,SMC4,SSE,TC,TF2
#3Ch33z_I_Luv(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 7:58:32 PM
davidaaronk posted...

I can't. I have 0 bytes free, meaning I can't dl ANYTHING, nor can I uninstall anything
#4SpacedDuckPosted 9/9/2013 7:59:10 PM
Yeah if Steam is on your SSD all your games and updates for those games and sometimes even random Betas will install to your main drive.

My PC picks up both my SSD and all my other drives so before a newly purchased game is installed it actually asks me where I want to save it to.
---

Keep/Kept the Faith! Forever a member of Red Sox Nation!
#5KillerzOverHerePosted 9/9/2013 8:00:13 PM
Ch33z_I_Luv posted...
davidaaronk posted...

I can't. I have 0 bytes free, meaning I can't dl ANYTHING, nor can I uninstall anything

why? program and featues - choose program - uninstall whatever you don't need
#6Ch33z_I_Luv(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 8:02:23 PM
SpacedDuck posted...
Yeah if Steam is on your SSD all your games and updates for those games and sometimes even random Betas will install to your main drive.

My PC picks up both my SSD and all my other drives so before a newly purchased game is installed it actually asks me where I want to save it to.

I install all my games on my hdd

KillerzOverHere posted...
Ch33z_I_Luv posted...
davidaaronk posted...

why? program and featues - choose program - uninstall whatever you don't need

Idk why, I guess it takes memory to remove programs.
#7HydroCannabinolPosted 9/9/2013 8:02:38 PM
Even if you couldn't uninstall anything you can still delete stuff... start with the temp folder ..
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#8Ch33z_I_Luv(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 8:03:14 PM
What I really need is to clean my ssd completely and reinstall my os onto it. windows 7 64bit btw
#9TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 9/9/2013 8:05:11 PM
Clear out the Windows Temp and browser cache folders, then install CCleaner and WinDirStat to clean up and monitor space. Then, make sure you're more careful in the future.
---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/
#10Ch33z_I_Luv(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 8:06:47 PM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...
Clear out the Windows Temp and browser cache folders, then install CCleaner and WinDirStat to clean up and monitor space. Then, make sure you're more careful in the future.

I would appreciate it if you didn't treat me like I'm an idiot. I have ccleaner, and ran it yesterday. Cleaned 206 mb yesterday, which is now gone