This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I've always wanted to make the leap into PC gaming, would this PC be worth it?

#1A_Grumpy_PuppyPosted 9/9/2013 7:50:56 PM
This PC on ebay looks pretty good... Do you guys think this would kick-ass on some FPS games? I see that it has a 120G SSD and I don't mind that ( 1TB HDD's are cheap), as long as it means I'll get better fraps.. What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated as I am seriously considering getting into PC gaming. Just wanna know if this would be a contender.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Gaming-PC-AMD-FX-6300-XFX-Radeon-7950-3GB-DDR5-OVERCLOCKING-COMPUTER-/111164366825?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item19e1e99fe9

Thanks!
---
GT: A Grumpy Puppy
#2DerPancakePosted 9/9/2013 7:54:31 PM
Not gonna lie that looks good, but only a 120GB SSD, you will need purchase an additional HDD because 120GB is very little.
---
Nope Nope Nope!!!!
#3ShubPosted 9/9/2013 7:55:52 PM
If you can get it for the starting bid of $777, it's not a bad deal, but it's going to go up by the time the auction ends...
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#4TimePharaohPosted 9/9/2013 8:20:52 PM
A_Grumpy_Puppy posted...
as long as it means I'll get better fraps

The type of drive isn't going to affect the quality of a program
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#5JavelinPosted 9/9/2013 8:36:51 PM
A_Grumpy_Puppy posted...
What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated as I am seriously considering getting into PC gaming.

Don't buy PCs from eBay.

In fact, asking the question in the form of "Is this a good PC?" is almost always the wrong way to go about it. You don't go looking for PCs right off. The first thing you do is decide how much you want to spend, and then you start looking.

Figure out what your maximum budget is, and then people on this board can help you find the PC configuration that will give you the most bang for the buck.
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB