This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I continue to fail to revive interest in MMO's. Why is that?

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 9/9/2013 8:39:20 PM
Whether its on console or pc, they just always seem really half assed.

I realize that an mmo's gameplay compared to that of a single player game will always be less refined, for lack of a better word, because of how massive the MMO game is compared to a game where you are the only player.

But still...it always degrades a lot. Like SMT. Compare Nocturne's gameplay to Imagine's.

I know that's a stupid comparison as it would be hard to make an MMO with nocturne's engine, but its still a lot better.

MMO's are always click click click. Nothing feels dynamic and its always "click to walk over here, click to use this ability." You always watch your character fight for you instead of doing the actual fighting.

I wonder if that will ever change.
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
#2TimePharaohPosted 9/9/2013 8:40:41 PM
But GW2 has DEM DYNAMIC EVENTS
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3VanUltimaPosted 9/9/2013 9:41:45 PM
RIP Dungeon FIghter Online.
---
CM HAF 912/FX-8320 @3.5 GHz/Asus M5A97 LE R2.0/HIS IceQ Turbo HD 7870 2GB/16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 Ram/OCZ ModXstream 500W/120GB SSD 1TB HDD/H70 Cooler
#4PathlessBulletPosted 9/9/2013 9:44:10 PM
TimePharaoh posted...
But GW2 has DEM DYNAMIC EVENTS

Which are indeed very awesome. AAA quality even.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#5richard733Posted 9/9/2013 9:52:36 PM
Diablo 3 and gw2 and elder scrolls online.
#6Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 9/9/2013 9:55:50 PM
Play Tera...with a gamepad. Problem solved? Dungeon Fighter was excellent in that regard. You could always try Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Elsword...erm.. those are the only ones that have action game like combat systems while still remaining MMOs.

However, Tera is the only one that offers an open world with such combat. It's free so it won't cost ya anything but download time. <_< it is like...24GB though.
#7Knight2520Posted 9/9/2013 9:55:59 PM
Here, sit on PCH's couch for an hour...
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#8OldSorrowPosted 9/9/2013 10:14:02 PM
mmo are for people with friends. If you don't have friends then mmo not the game for you
#9nehukogPosted 9/9/2013 10:28:55 PM
gunz the duel
#10CaptainKatsuraPosted 9/10/2013 12:13:06 AM
Just a warning about Tera before deciding to play it.The community complains that the loli race doesn't have skimpier armour (and they have the skimpiest armour around),and while I didn't give two hoots and ignore them,it has managed to get my friends too creeped out to play the game now.So just a warning if that might kill the game for ya.

Otherwise,I'd say Tera is probably one of the better action combat MMOs out there.Vindictus is also good,but I haven't played for a while,so I have no idea how good S2 is doing so far.
---
Herp-a derp