This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't commit myself to a SSD.

#1Nineteen99Posted 9/9/2013 8:51:59 PM
I know I'd put my OS on it, but as for games, I don't know if I ever would. I cycle through games pretty quickly (if I get obsessed with one, I'll play it for 3 months, burn myself out, and not touch it for a year). So I'm afraid I'll either wear it out by replacing games every 3 months, or I'll have a SSD that I'm not using to its full potential.

Wat do?
---
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: The Sims 3
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 9/9/2013 8:53:28 PM
What I like to do is put my OS and games on my 2TB 5400RPM HDD because of all the storage and they take the most space while I keep my pictures, gifs, mp3s, txtdocs and such on my 32GB SSD so I can have ultra lightning fast files and such while conserving money and space.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3coolpal23Posted 9/9/2013 8:53:39 PM
Nineteen99 posted...
I know I'd put my OS on it, but as for games, I don't know if I ever would. I cycle through games pretty quickly (if I get obsessed with one, I'll play it for 3 months, burn myself out, and not touch it for a year). So I'm afraid I'll either wear it out by replacing games every 3 months, or I'll have a SSD that I'm not using to its full potential.

Wat do?

have an SSD for your OS
And another Harddrive for your games.
---
|Asus Z77|Two 1Gb 7850 HIS XFire| 1866 8Gb G.skill| i5 3570K 3.4Ghz
Steam: Lyokofanatic[G77F] "Fact and fiction, where do you draw the line?"
#4That1GuyyPosted 9/9/2013 8:56:16 PM
Solid state drives are rated to last several years performing an average of 10GB writes a day. Replacing even a 20GB game once a month wouldn't significantly affect your SSD's life.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.