This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't commit myself to a SSD.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I can't commit myself to a SSD.

User Info: Nineteen99

Nineteen99
3 years ago#1
I know I'd put my OS on it, but as for games, I don't know if I ever would. I cycle through games pretty quickly (if I get obsessed with one, I'll play it for 3 months, burn myself out, and not touch it for a year). So I'm afraid I'll either wear it out by replacing games every 3 months, or I'll have a SSD that I'm not using to its full potential.

Wat do?
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: The Sims 3

User Info: HydroCannabinol

HydroCannabinol
3 years ago#2
What I like to do is put my OS and games on my 2TB 5400RPM HDD because of all the storage and they take the most space while I keep my pictures, gifs, mp3s, txtdocs and such on my 32GB SSD so I can have ultra lightning fast files and such while conserving money and space.
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil

User Info: coolpal23

coolpal23
3 years ago#3
Nineteen99 posted...
I know I'd put my OS on it, but as for games, I don't know if I ever would. I cycle through games pretty quickly (if I get obsessed with one, I'll play it for 3 months, burn myself out, and not touch it for a year). So I'm afraid I'll either wear it out by replacing games every 3 months, or I'll have a SSD that I'm not using to its full potential.

Wat do?

have an SSD for your OS
And another Harddrive for your games.
|Asus Z77|Two 1Gb 7850 HIS XFire| 1866 8Gb G.skill| i5 3570K 3.4Ghz
Steam: Lyokofanatic[G77F] "Fact and fiction, where do you draw the line?"

User Info: That1Guyy

That1Guyy
3 years ago#4
Solid state drives are rated to last several years performing an average of 10GB writes a day. Replacing even a 20GB game once a month wouldn't significantly affect your SSD's life.
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I can't commit myself to a SSD.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived