This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need to kick my 4X habit...

#11maybecallsPosted 9/10/2013 2:40:47 AM
I wouldn't fight it. Those 4X games are obviously close to ideal for you. I have a similar thing with M & B Warband. I try other games, sometimes really like them, but stop playing them after a few hours and go back to playing Warband. I rarely return to the other games, probably because they just aren't as enjoyable to play as M & B. It's my ideal game, until something better comes along.

I don't buy many games now, and it's always at the back of my mind that there isn't really much point in spending much on other games when I'm (pretty much) addicted to another game. Which is great, really.
#12codyorrPosted 9/10/2013 5:32:29 AM
Try some Paradox Interactive games. Sure it's more of the same but it's different same. Honestly all I really like to play is 4X games.
#13Sinfullyvannila(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 6:28:18 AM
I do own Crusader Kings 2. I think the problem with that though is that I enjoy the explore/expand portion of the 4X games most. Generally I just play until about the Industrial Era on Civ 5, or the revolution era of Colonization. Come to thing of it, I've never even beaten the newer Colonization game.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#14AzurexNightmarePosted 9/10/2013 10:15:32 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Stop spending needles money on games you will never play?

I hate needles money. Always stabs my leg when I put it in my pocket....regular money is better
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode