This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's Lenovo's customer support?

#1Revolving OcelotPosted 9/9/2013 9:16:50 PM
I'm 90% sold on the Ideapad Y500. I'd like to know what I'm getting into with the customer support though because I had some pretty crappy experiences with HP.
---
"... when I try and visualize what a supreme ultimate being would look like, the first thing I visualize is always a naked girl." ~Armor King 108
#2Revolving Ocelot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 10:39:39 PM
bump
---
"... when I try and visualize what a supreme ultimate being would look like, the first thing I visualize is always a naked girl." ~Armor King 108
#3GabrielVanPosted 9/10/2013 11:39:43 AM
I've got a Lenovo Z400. Their support seems decent - above HP for sure. Questions posted on their forums are quickly responded to by support staff. Granted, I haven't had any major issues with my laptop so I can't comment on how good the support is if the laptop should actually fail.

Either way, I'm satisfied with my purchase. Lenovo products are generally built better than some of the other brands. I personally never purchase HP products anymore as they always seem to have issues very quickly.
#4iammaxhailmePosted 9/10/2013 11:49:31 AM
I have an Ideapad Y570, and while I've never had to deal with lenovo (because I got the laptop on newegg, I had to go through their repair people, and they're terrible), the fan in mine is really inefficient which kinda kills the gaming potential it has. Also it's loud as hell. Just a thought.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#5Revolving Ocelot(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 10:48:08 PM
Thanks, guys. Good to hear that about Lenovo. I think I'll also get the Newegg warranty along with the Lenovo warranty, as a failsafe.
---