This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cousin is offering to sell me his old Alienware M11xR3 (11 inch) for $400.

#11LookANinja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 10:31:49 AM
So i should go for this right?
---
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/56/picturesig.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b8HCz.gif
#12GameMan987Posted 9/10/2013 10:42:18 AM
Depends on how badly you want a gaming laptop. Even if it's a good deal it's still $400 not going towards your desktop or something else.
#13Superlinkbros89Posted 9/10/2013 12:26:37 PM
Do it if you want a laptop that can play most but not all games.
---
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013
#14JKatarnPosted 9/10/2013 1:12:05 PM
Superlinkbros89 posted...
Do it if you want a laptop that can play most but not all games.

This - it's not the best gaming laptop, but it's a hell of a lot more gaming capable than any other laptop you're going to find for the price at Best Buy/Amazon/Staples etc.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#15Kosba_2142Posted 9/10/2013 1:45:23 PM
A great deal =\= a good laptop. You should just save for a better one, even if its a bit less money efficient, it'll at least get the job done
---
CATS. That's about it honestly...
#16SnipeStarPosted 9/10/2013 2:47:54 PM
put the $400 towards something better
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#17HaxnStashPosted 9/10/2013 2:55:30 PM
When did he buy it? Has he been playing demanding games with it for a very long time? I had a gaming laptop that I used only for gaming. I treated it like a desktop and it stayed in one place. I had outside cooling that helped the temperatures go down a lot. But after 2 years, the GPU died on me. And now, I have a gaming laptop that collects dust.
#18LookANinja(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 10:27:58 AM
HaxnStash posted...
When did he buy it? Has he been playing demanding games with it for a very long time? I had a gaming laptop that I used only for gaming. I treated it like a desktop and it stayed in one place. I had outside cooling that helped the temperatures go down a lot. But after 2 years, the GPU died on me. And now, I have a gaming laptop that collects dust.

I'm not sure about all this, i'll ask him later, my friend did tell me that Alienware has overheating issues. Is there anything i can do to remedy this besides keeping outside temperatures cool? I live in SoCal, so it might be kinda hard to do that...
---
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/56/picturesig.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/b8HCz.gif
#19chuchumyrocketPosted 9/12/2013 11:08:57 AM
LookANinja posted...
HaxnStash posted...

I'm not sure about all this, i'll ask him later, my friend did tell me that Alienware has overheating issues. Is there anything i can do to remedy this besides keeping outside temperatures cool? I live in SoCal, so it might be kinda hard to do that...

The m11x doesn't have overheating issues, I actually own one so I should know! I have the r2 model which isn't as nice but I can play most every game in 720p on low settings(which still looks better than consoles and runs at a much smoother framerate) so I would go for it. Its a great price for a laptop with its specs and size.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#20AllHailTheDead6Posted 9/12/2013 11:13:03 AM
JKatarn posted...
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
for 400 you could do a lot worse

but just for the hell of it tell him you only got $350 and show him the cash and see what happens

Are you kidding? $400 right now would get you a low-end i5 laptop at best with Intel integrated graphics, and he'll be getting a gaming laptop with a halfway decent dedicated GPU for $400, sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me. Also, I don't think he would such a d*** as to cheat his cousin out of $50.

looool???

god I love how your able to label people on gamefaqs....At first I thought it was such a stupid feature but its quickly growing on me. Helps me keep track of the really smart ones
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*