This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The nightmare of playing a FPS online with a controller.

#1QUIKPosted 9/10/2013 2:30:14 AM
I sold my Xbox 360 a long time ago for several different reasons. I saved up enough money to build a nice PC that I love gaming with. My only problem is that it left me playing games alone.

I tried playing first person shooters online but honestly its impossible to get far. I game with a controller because I like to play from the couch and on the big screen tv. The problem is people who are using "mouse/keyboard" have a much better advantage than me. If the whole room was using a controller it would be different...Its really hard to compete with them...Thats why I decided to buy a PS4. Just so I can play FPS online. Did anyone else have this problem?
#2Mangorush-VPosted 9/10/2013 2:47:49 AM
Yep, can't play with family and friends or gf on a PC so I switch right back to console gaming and been happy since. Plus it's nice to know everyone you're playing with all uses the same controller and sees the same graphics and plays the same frame rate as you so no big advantage over the other person.
---
XBL: Mangorush V
PSN: Mangorush-V
#3QUIK(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 2:50:29 AM
yea BF looks sick on a 680gtx but it is sooo hard when competing with mouse/keyboard players..
#4ein311Posted 9/10/2013 2:59:16 AM
This is why the NES is still the best console ever--you only had a D-Pad and 2 buttons (well, not counting start/select).
I mean, you're expected to figure things out like how to set up a mouse/keyboard on the couch? Or how to use not one-but TWO analog sticks when playing? Man, stuff is so hard these days and I always just give up and go back to my Nintendo. Pure gaming simplicity.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#5SenkoyPosted 9/10/2013 3:02:57 AM
I was going to make BF3 my first PC game where I played with K/b and Mouse online but chickened out. I get pissed off enough as it is on consoles where I'm good with the controller, on PC I would just be raging too hard.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#6KOTRwhoopsPosted 9/10/2013 3:05:14 AM
Same here, I have a great PC but any rare competitive MP game I buy is always on the consoles as I'm not competent enough with the M/KB and prefer a controller.
---
PLAYING - Final Fantasy XIV (PC), Shadow of the Colossus (PS3), Metro LL (PC)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII, FFX/X-2 HD
#7QUIK(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 3:26:56 AM
ein311 posted...
This is why the NES is still the best console ever--you only had a D-Pad and 2 buttons (well, not counting start/select).
I mean, you're expected to figure things out like how to set up a mouse/keyboard on the couch? Or how to use not one-but TWO analog sticks when playing? Man, stuff is so hard these days and I always just give up and go back to my Nintendo. Pure gaming simplicity.

your kidding right...
#8Lord_XandrosPosted 9/10/2013 3:30:47 AM
QUIK posted...
ein311 posted...

your kidding right...

Obviously, he's being sarcastic.

Well, it wasn't obvious if you had to ask if he was serious.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrraveygravy/
#9SlaynPosted 9/10/2013 3:41:53 AM
Why not get a wireless keyboard and mouse? I used to use my TV for my monitor, I just sat at my desk about 2 feet back, used it like a large monitor, but just sat a bit back. if you sit far away, use a wireless keyboard and mouse. Up to you though.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/10/2013 3:55:27 AM
TBH, I think it would be nice to have "gamepad only" lobbies.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64