This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The nightmare of playing a FPS online with a controller.

#41ein311Posted 9/10/2013 9:48:33 AM
QUIK posted...
your kidding right...

no, i'm 100% serious

These things are hard. Trying to figure out how to get a keyboard/mouse on a couch is so god damn difficult that it ruins any sort of benefit PC gaming might have.
So obviously you go to consoles because every game is played with a controller.
And then you're like...how am I supposed to use all these buttons? This is stupid.

Might as well just go back to 2 buttons and a square controller, because things are hard.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#42pothocketPosted 9/10/2013 9:55:22 AM
ein311 posted...
how am I supposed to use all these buttons? This is stupid.

That's how I feel looking at a keyboard, not a controller.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#43PigfartsPosted 9/10/2013 10:09:32 AM
Mangorush-V posted...
Yep, can't play with family and friends or gf on a PC so I switch right back to console gaming and been happy since. Plus it's nice to know everyone you're playing with all uses the same controller and sees the same graphics and plays the same frame rate as you so no big advantage over the other person.

yeah but you can play with yourself if you have a PC and thatand you don't bneed a GF for that, that is what counts when gaming.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#44vidalmorazaPosted 9/10/2013 10:14:46 AM
I played BF3 with the controller in the Xbox 360 for months when it got launched, with the Humble Bundle I got it for my laptop, and I still like to play it with the controller, I suck, but well, is people with Key/mouse plus more experience since I stopped playing BF3 months ago, but sometimes I end in like the middle of the score board with like 15 kills 8 deaths, and I feel good...
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#45RavenoussdPosted 9/10/2013 12:54:23 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
TBH, I think it would be nice to have "gamepad only" lobbies.

would be nice...but obviously there will be ways of circumventing the gamepad only requirement...(so those keyboard/mouse guys jump in and kill

kinda how the logic of those "newbie only! servers" (where the vets join to gang up on the newbies)
---
1055T | M4a77d | 6gb ddr2 | AMD 6870 | Sonata III | Antec 500w earthwatts | 500gb HD | 27" Monitor | Blu ray/dvd burner | Win 7 Prof | Razer BlackWidow Ult
#46_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/10/2013 3:05:07 PM
For me it is kind of the other way around. The guys that I always gamed with all play on PC.

I also do not like having to use a controller. Using mouse and keyboard is just much more fun to me.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H