This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hate waiting for GTA V !!!

#21lionheart5656Posted 9/10/2013 9:19:37 AM
QUIK posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
You have serious problems if you are this excited for what will be the same game the fifth time in a row.

We all know the game will be about hookers and some kind of crime which you will be a part of and then you will work your way to the top by killing a bunch of dudes.

Wow. So original and compelling.

What are you talking about...
I never had more fun with open world games as I did with Skyrim and GTA
you can do the craziest things, have the most hollywood like police chases..its like your in a movie...cant wait.

Agreed. Open worlds are fun.

Problem is you can get any one of the older GTAs and get the exact same open world experience. If graphics are what draw you, get GTA IV and mod it to look crazy good.

Obsessing over the new installment of the same **** is just dumb and show how much of a sheep you are.

Not to mention if you simply enjoy the open world aspect of it, Saints Row does that infinitely better. In GTA, it's barely an after thought because they are so focuses on making their "Deep" drug and crime story again.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#22snesmaster40Posted 9/10/2013 9:22:41 AM
lionheart5656 posted...
QUIK posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
You have serious problems if you are this excited for what will be the same game the fifth time in a row.

We all know the game will be about hookers and some kind of crime which you will be a part of and then you will work your way to the top by killing a bunch of dudes.

you can do the craziest things, have the most hollywood like police chases..its like your in a movie...cant wait.

Problem is you can get any one of the older GTAs and get the exact same open world experience. If graphics are what draw you, get GTA IV and mod it to look crazy good.

Obsessing over the new installment of the same **** is just dumb and show how much of a sheep you are.

Not to mention if you simply enjoy the open world aspect of it, Saints Row does that infinitely better. In GTA, it's barely an after thought because they are so focuses on making their "Deep" drug and crime story again.

Yeah Saints Row does everything better now as you don't have to play through a good story anymore and can enjoy tutorial missions for the minigames with lolsoramdom humor. There's also very little reason to play again after finishing the game and hardly any multiplayer features.

Saints Row is great!
---
Are we not men?
#23overkillwfo1978Posted 9/10/2013 9:38:45 AM
Knighted Dragon posted...
I don't understand the ridiculous hype the game is getting, or maybe I'm just getting old and don't get hyped for games anymore. We have a topic or two a day about it even here, and the rest of the internet thinks it's going to be the best thing they've ever experienced. I loved the GTA series but 4 was pretty meh IMO, I'd probably buy 5 on sale for less than 15 dollars but haven't really seen anything worthy of all the hype

The manager of the Gamestop close to where I live said that they have almost 500 pre-orders at that location alone. They are going to hire a DJ and a bunch of other stuff for the midnight launch. He had been working there for years and said that the second most anticipated pre-order he had seen was for the Halo 3 launch and it had about half of the pre-orders of GTA 5.

So, yeah. This is pretty much easily the most anticipated game of this generation and probably will end up being one of the best selling games in history. Hype is warranted even if a few aren't interested.
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin
#24lionheart5656Posted 9/10/2013 9:39:13 AM
snesmaster40 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
QUIK posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

Yeah Saints Row does everything better now as you don't have to play through a good story anymore and can enjoy tutorial missions for the minigames with lolsoramdom humor. There's also very little reason to play again after finishing the game and hardly any multiplayer features.

Saints Row is great!

If you're playing GTA for the story, I know a couple of good books you might like.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Fish-Blue-Read-Myself/dp/0394800133

http://www.amazon.com/The-Comes-Back-Beginner-books/dp/0394800028

Those are just as compelling as the stories in GTA.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#25Ch3wyPosted 9/10/2013 9:43:34 AM(edited)
lionheart5656 posted...
snesmaster40 posted...
lionheart5656 posted...
QUIK posted...
lionheart5656 posted...

Saints Row is great!

If you're playing GTA for the story, I know a couple of good books you might like.

http://www.amazon.com/One-Fish-Blue-Read-Myself/dp/0394800133

http://www.amazon.com/The-Comes-Back-Beginner-books/dp/0394800028

Those are just as compelling as the stories in GTA.

So you're saying that GTA games have classic world renown stories that will be passed down from generation to generation?

Word.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#26JKatarnPosted 9/10/2013 9:58:50 AM
You're telling me you don't have any other games to occupy you? Surely you have at least a few quality games you've barely touched.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#27Knighted DragonPosted 9/10/2013 2:02:01 PM
The manager of the Gamestop close to where I live said that they have almost 500 pre-orders at that location alone. They are going to hire a DJ and a bunch of other stuff for the midnight launch. He had been working there for years and said that the second most anticipated pre-order he had seen was for the Halo 3 launch and it had about half of the pre-orders of GTA 5.

So, yeah. This is pretty much easily the most anticipated game of this generation and probably will end up being one of the best selling games in history. Hype is warranted even if a few aren't interested.

But why? I haven't seen anything about it that makes it so much better than every other GTA that people are going to camp outside of the store to get it. GTA 4 was just a huge disappoint me for me after San Andreas, and 5 just looks like another GTA game. Maybe some of the younger generations that are so excited about it never played the earlier GTA's when they launched, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem that much better than the rest. As long as it's better than 4 I'll probably buy it if it ever comes to PC , but I'm not buying it on my 360 or anything
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#28Ch3wyPosted 9/10/2013 2:20:41 PM(edited)
Knighted Dragon posted...

But why? I haven't seen anything about it that makes it so much better than every other GTA that people are going to camp outside of the store to get it. GTA 4 was just a huge disappoint me for me after San Andreas, and 5 just looks like another GTA game. Maybe some of the younger generations that are so excited about it never played the earlier GTA's when they launched, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem that much better than the rest. As long as it's better than 4 I'll probably buy it if it ever comes to PC , but I'm not buying it on my 360 or anything

It's basically this generation's San Andreas...
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.