This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GPU artefacting

#1ElJeffayPosted 9/10/2013 7:17:52 AM
Hey guys,
I think this has been happening for almost the entirety that I've had this card. It happens pretty infrequently and randomly, but I can't figure out why. I have a gtx 560 ti, and the card has good idle temps (~30C) but can shoot up to 83C max in games. I believe I have only received 2 blue screens, but my temps were good so I don't know if it's a heating issue. Basically what happens is I see some pixelated blobs on the screen and the display spasms and a message pops up saying that my display driver crashed. I have constantly changed drivers, etc, but the issue persists. What can I do? Is this gonna screw up the card and?or computer?
Thanks guys
#2Ch3wyPosted 9/10/2013 7:19:29 AM
Run a benchmarking tool like Heaven or whatever the newest hippest one is. If it crashes, RMA the card.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3The Hulkster IIPosted 9/10/2013 7:28:19 AM
your card is bad RMA it
---
../|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-, And That is True!
#4ElJeffay(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 7:30:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. When I am playing games I have had zero crashes. When I am on the desktop it infrequently happens once and a while. Should I still contact EVGA? It's been over a year and I don't think I'll have the warrantee.
#5SlaynPosted 9/10/2013 7:34:15 AM
Did you register your card with EVGA?
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116
#6ElJeffay(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 7:35:38 AM
yeah I did when I got it. I don't have the box though. I also bought it through Amazon, but yes it is registered.
#7triple sPosted 9/10/2013 7:36:11 AM
You more than likely need to dust out your card.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#8ElJeffay(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 7:40:49 AM
Ive dusted it many times, in fact I completely upgraded 2 days ago to a new pc, and the problem persists. I hope it's not a problem with windows. I had a previous graphics card on here before this and there was no problem, so I'm assuming it's the gpu's problem.
#9triple sPosted 9/10/2013 7:41:54 AM
Blue Screening is usually more of a CPU problem then a GPU problem.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#10SlaynPosted 9/10/2013 7:44:09 AM
ElJeffay posted...
yeah I did when I got it. I don't have the box though. I also bought it through Amazon, but yes it is registered.

You don't need the box for the RMA. If you registered the card, you should have at LEAST a 2 year warranty, depending on the card. You will need an invoice from Amazon though. Have it ready to send to them, give them a call, tell them what you have told us. It sounds like a bad card to me. The ONLY other possibility is a bad PSU that causes intermittent artifacting, which I HAVE seen. The only way to know for sure is to try another PSU, or try the card in another system. Since you have tried the card elsewhere, it was with a different PSU or not? If it was, the card is almost 100% bad.
---
#1 LoL Poster NA: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/63627116