This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I even bother upgrading now or wait? (CPU)

#1DakomissarZeroPosted 9/10/2013 7:19:02 AM
So, I've been in the market for a CPU/Mobo upgrade for a little while, and while I'm sure everyone's more than happy to suggest upgrading from what have now, I have to wonder if upgrading to an i7 4820K is worth it 2-3 years down the line. I'm not sure how much the new generation of consoles is going to affect the requirements to run a game well. As of right now, I'm sure it's worth it, but will it be later, or should I wait first?

Current Specs:
Windows 7 64-bit
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Radeon HD 6950 2GB, Sapphire
8GB RAM
2.5 TB HDD (between 500GB and 2TB drives)
---
Pokemon Black FC: 3653 9875 9598 Name : Etna
#2PyrotechnixxxPosted 9/10/2013 7:22:41 AM
Your parts will be obsolete eventually, regardless of when you upgrade. The question is, does your current build do what you want it to? If you can wait to upgrade, wait. If you can't, don't.
---
Fear is a leash.
#3Reaper_MinionPosted 9/10/2013 7:24:52 AM
Pyrotechnixxx posted...
Your parts will be obsolete eventually, regardless of when you upgrade. The question is, does your current build do what you want it to? If you can wait to upgrade, wait. If you can't, don't.


This.

If you can wait, it's basically always better to do so.
---
/|\ http://i.imgur.com/hK9c1lo.jpg?1
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY