This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need router and adapter help

#1krazychao5Posted 9/10/2013 9:11:30 AM
I'm moving into a house, and the room i plan to use my pc and the router are on opposite ends of the house so i cannot connect it through ethernet like i have it now. the pc will be upstairs and on the other end of the house so about a couple hundred feet away. what kind of router and adapter should i look for that will give me good performance at a reasonable price? i'm looking at these on newegg and cannot seem to get a grip on what i am looking for.
---
This will not change until Michigan wins the National Championship ~Signed October 2nd, 2006~
Detroit Red Wings 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions
#2Fade2black001Posted 9/10/2013 9:31:54 AM
krazychao5 posted...
I'm moving into a house, and the room i plan to use my pc and the router are on opposite ends of the house so i cannot connect it through ethernet like i have it now. the pc will be upstairs and on the other end of the house so about a couple hundred feet away. what kind of router and adapter should i look for that will give me good performance at a reasonable price? i'm looking at these on newegg and cannot seem to get a grip on what i am looking for.

200 feet away from each other?!? What do you live in a mansion? Holy crap....

Anyways...

This router is rated for good range of up to 450FT if I'm reading it correctly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320131
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#3krazychao5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 12:31:48 PM
i just took a random number....maybe it's half that.
---
This will not change until Michigan wins the National Championship ~Signed October 2nd, 2006~
Detroit Red Wings 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions
#4LordSeiferPosted 9/14/2013 6:59:03 AM
i think powerline networking will be the way to go
---
^ this