This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you guys make of this from capcom

#11SinisterSlay(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 9:47:48 AM
Sub Tank posted...
DLC only works if you're selling games.

Only works if you sell complete games.

I wish devs would go back to expansion packs.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#12jake-sfPosted 9/10/2013 9:51:54 AM
You know, DLC would have never been such a broken concept if anyone ever did it right. In the end, there is some strange ideas behind DLC that allows you to sell a more fragmented game and not have to sell it all at once, and there is theoretically nothing really wrong with that when the prices reflect it. But in the end, they don't sacrifice anything, we do, and end up paying ludicrous sums for minor amount of content. I haven't found a DLC in the last decade that wasn't free that I thought "hey, its the right price!". Nope. Its almost always 300% to 500% too expensive for what it truly should be. And thats why they can go to hell.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#13SinisterSlay(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 10:00:13 AM
jake-sf posted...
You know, DLC would have never been such a broken concept if anyone ever did it right. In the end, there is some strange ideas behind DLC that allows you to sell a more fragmented game and not have to sell it all at once, and there is theoretically nothing really wrong with that when the prices reflect it. But in the end, they don't sacrifice anything, we do, and end up paying ludicrous sums for minor amount of content. I haven't found a DLC in the last decade that wasn't free that I thought "hey, its the right price!". Nope. Its almost always 300% to 500% too expensive for what it truly should be. And thats why they can go to hell.

Horse Armor!
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence