This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone think that pc are console's

#1tiamat999Posted 9/10/2013 9:44:43 AM
Hell on gamefaq its listed as a console
---
favorite animated shows the Venture bros, gargoyles, justice league, avengers EMH, godannar,Attack on titan,young justice,ragnarok, X-men evolution
#2IronSasquatchPosted 9/10/2013 9:47:25 AM
I won't lie, it took me a few seconds to understand what you were trying to get at.

No, I don't consider PC to be a console. When someone says console, they are referring to hardware dedicated to gaming first and foremost (PS3, Wii U, X360, etc.). A PC is a personal computer that happens to be better at playing games than consoles are. Assuming you have the money to build a better one anyway.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#3KillerTrufflePosted 9/10/2013 9:47:56 AM
4. The portion of a computer or peripheral that houses the apparatus used to operate the machine manually and provides a means of communication between the computer operator and the central processing unit, often in the form of a keyboard.

Closest you're likely to get.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#4codyorrPosted 9/10/2013 12:19:48 PM
To be honest the last console I ever used was a PS2. So it was quite a shock when I found out they have hard drives, internet capability, and the ability to download games. When I found that information out I asked "So why do they make crappy PCs with bad controls?"
#5wizardmonPosted 9/10/2013 12:22:34 PM
My PC is mainly a portal to information, I also play games on it, but not as much as I did when I was younger.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#6UberLurkerPosted 9/10/2013 12:26:25 PM
My HTPC boots right into XBMC and I control it with wireless game controllers or my smartphone so it sort of has that console feel.

That being said, I will not insult said PC by labeling it as such since it's capable of so much more than its less evolved brethren!
#7Hi CPosted 9/10/2013 1:29:33 PM
PC Hardware Console

I'm not going to lie. I've been sitting on trolling this around PCH for months now and never pulled the trigger on it.
---
You'll be my John G.
#8SinisterSlayPosted 9/10/2013 1:33:08 PM
Uh, well I consider a console a front end to something. Like the one in my car that holds the CD player.

Those dedicated gaming machines the kids play with are just small personal computers.

PC's are just computers for personal uses, as oppose to giant building sized servers.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#9TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 9/10/2013 1:39:12 PM
Hi C posted...
PC Hardware Console

I'm not going to lie. I've been sitting on trolling this around PCH for months now and never pulled the trigger on it.

Same.

Also, GameFAQs lists the PC as a PC game.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/916373-pc

Description
PC is a Console Hardware game, published by Microsoft, which was released in 1995.

---
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/55488_o.gif
http://www.d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/