This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

nokia is releasing 6" display, snapdragon 800 phone soon

#1Trance_FanPosted 9/10/2013 10:04:48 AM
it's windows phone 8 but the screen size and specs are some of the best the market has to offer..i've been using android for a few years now but i wouldn't mind switching it up

can these android games run on this phone since it shares the same cpu and gpu? or do these games have to get ported over?

how many big games and apps are on the windows app store?
---
i think it's nice
#2Jason_25Posted 9/10/2013 10:47:01 AM
In case you didn't know, Windows phone is a locked down government stooge phone OS.

Android applications will NEVER run on it.

If you want a large screen device, get the Sony Xperia Z Ultra (6.5 inch, 2ghz monster quadcore) , or the international Samsung Galaxy Mega (i9205, 6.3 inch, midrange cpu, avoid the ATT model).
#3IronSasquatchPosted 9/10/2013 10:55:36 AM
6 inches? Weren't tablets created as the intermediary between phone and laptop? I mean honestly, that's freaking huge. I literally wouldn't be able to fit a 6 inch phone in my pocket.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#4Jason_25Posted 9/10/2013 11:25:02 AM
IronSasquatch posted...
6 inches? Weren't tablets created as the intermediary between phone and laptop? I mean honestly, that's freaking huge. I literally wouldn't be able to fit a 6 inch phone in my pocket.

If you are a grown man, you can. I am about 150 pounds (skinny) and can easily fit most of a 7 inch tablet in my front pockets of my normal sized pants. Now if you go around wearing leotards and ballet clothes then it might not be for you.
#5GabrielVanPosted 9/10/2013 11:31:08 AM
Jason_25 posted...
IronSasquatch posted...

If you are a grown man, you can. I am about 150 pounds (skinny) and can easily fit most of a 7 inch tablet in my front pockets of my normal sized pants. Now if you go around wearing leotards and ballet clothes then it might not be for you.

Are we talking cargo pants? Most individuals with jobs that require something above casual can't fit a 7 inch tablet in their front pocket.. Heck, I can't hardly stand 5" phones in my pocket. 6" is ridiculous.
#6KillerTrufflePosted 9/10/2013 11:34:05 AM
6 inches != phone. 6 inches would be a flipping tablet that can make calls. Screw lugging a "phone" that big around all the time.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#7Jason_25Posted 9/10/2013 11:42:14 AM
GabrielVan posted...
Jason_25 posted...
IronSasquatch posted...

Are we talking cargo pants? Most individuals with jobs that require something above casual can't fit a 7 inch tablet in their front pocket.. Heck, I can't hardly stand 5" phones in my pocket. 6" is ridiculous.

I just tried on a pair of normal fitting "dress pants" (j. crew 34-32) and my (larger) 7" Galaxy Tab 2 Plus actually fits entirely in the front packets. I even tried sitting down and was not uncomfortable. The tablet was clearly visible in my pants though.

That said, I'm very sorry about the dress code for your job...
#8__starsnostarsPosted 9/10/2013 1:02:35 PM
Go big or go home. In the next few years we'll see all sorts of phones between 5-8" because that what consumers want. People use their phones for gaming, television, youtube, internet browsing, etc. All of those are much more enjoyable and suited for larger screens.